School drill portrays killers as Christians - Page 2

--
School drill portrays killers as Christians

April 6th, 2007  
senojekips

I think that a lot of people with far too little to do, are reading things into this situation that just don't exist. The organisers of these exercises have no "second agenda" and it is as simple as the fact that all probable scenarios must be taken into consideration.

As simple as the solution seems to many on here, the truth is always somewhat different. Negotiation is always a large part of any hostage situation, and as I posted earlier, the persons involved would use far different strategies with a Christian group than a Muslim, Calathumpian, Green Rights or Lesbian Whales support group.
April 7th, 2007  
The Other Guy

Making fun of yourself is different. People who are christian are allowed to make fun of other christians or themselves, no harm done.
April 7th, 2007  
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Negotiation is always a large part of any hostage situation, and as I posted earlier, the persons involved would use far different strategies with a Christian group than a Muslim, Calathumpian, Green Rights or Lesbian Whales support group.

--
April 7th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
I think that a lot of people with far too little to do, are reading things into this situation that just don't exist. The organisers of these exercises have no "second agenda" and it is as simple as the fact that all probable scenarios must be taken into consideration.

As simple as the solution seems to many on here, the truth is always somewhat different. Negotiation is always a large part of any hostage situation, and as I posted earlier, the persons involved would use far different strategies with a Christian group than a Muslim, Calathumpian, Green Rights or Lesbian Whales support group.

Probable scenario should read:

"Gunmen enter the building and shoot children. They now hold children hostage in the media center. Our job is to rescue the children with no fatalities and apprehend the gunmen if possible".

End of story. The LEOs can work off that. It is the negotiators and other people that would need to know the psychological mindset and political affiliations of the perpetators.

Not the dang SWAT team or LEO. This was supposed to be training for a Quick Reaction Force, not for a hostage negotiation team.

Quote:
"Burlington Township Public Safety Director William Corter said the drill was the first live exercise testing the police and school response plans to a hostage crisis.'This should really show how well we work together and respond,' Corter said. 'If mistakes are made, we want to know how they should be corrected. The things we do right, we still want to see how we can make them better.'"
April 8th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
There goes another hole in the ozone layer.
April 8th, 2007  
Chief Bones

Topic: Muslim are not the only terrorists ...

I seem to remember a 'non-Muslim' attack against a building in Oklahoma City ... the attackers were a couple of Anti-Government 'Christian' wackos (Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building) ... I also remember a bunch of religious nuts that tried to blow away a bunch of agents when they tried to serve a warrant at a religious enclave where they were forted up (David Koresh - Branch Davidians) ... the explosions when the building went up in flame had explosions going off from the stored ammunition like a bunch of firecrackers for many hours until the site cooled down (not one person involved was Muslim). I also don't remember any little Muslim twits taking a gun to school and blowing away their friends and enemies.

Muslim ARE NOT the ONLY terrorists that have hit sites in various areas of the United States ... they are JUST the last ones to have done so. So why was this scenario so far off the mark?

Understanding an attackers mindset is invaluable when judging plans designed to counter them when they have taken hostages (personal experience). Without this info, lives can and have been lost when a situation begins to sour, where there has been NO understanding of the attackers beliefs, etc. Real life situations are not always Muslim based nor Muslim backed.
April 8th, 2007  
senojekips

^^^ I'm with the Chief ^^^

A storm in a teacup, to discredit men who are trying to cover all of the angles.
April 8th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Ok..so let me get this straight. . .

Someone calls 911 from the school or neighboring area and automatically knows it is christian radicals/muslim radicals/buddist monks/chinese immigrants/russian paratroopers (pick your flavor) that have attacked and killed students in the school and are holding more hostage? They are going to be able to give a good SALUTE report for the 911 operators? They are going to be thinking rationally enough to talk to these people to find out what they want, who they are with, why they are doing this, etc etc and these people are going to let them?

IMO All the LEO and Support are going to be responding to is a 911 call that the school has been taken over by gunmen that have killed students.

Go with the basic scenario and let the details come into play concerning the terrorists affiliations if/when that ever happens.

It is understood that terrorists come in many shapes and sizes and affiliations. But to portray the single religious affiliation that is probably the majority religion in that school is a bit rediculous.
April 8th, 2007  
senojekips

All I ask is, would any of this have ever made the news if the same report was released about an exercise against suspected "Muslim" terrorists?

The silence would have been absolutely deafening......

The point I'm making is that this only seems to upset peoples sensitivities because the word "Christian" was used.

Are we getting as thin skinned about our religion as the Muslims? At this rate we'll be issuing Fatwahs next.
April 8th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
All I ask is, would any of this have ever made the news if the same report was released about an exercise against suspected "Muslim" terrorists?

The silence would have been absolutely deafening......

The point I'm making is that this only seems to upset peoples sensitivities because the word "Christian" was used.

Are we getting as thin skinned about our religion as the Muslims? At this rate we'll be issuing Fatwahs next.
If the major religion at that school had been Muslim I have no doubt it would have screamed across the headlines as well. . . .