A Scare Or a Real Threat?

rattler

A friend from GB advised me today that there is an official (and public) Scotland Yard alert out for a terrorist attack in London of the Bombay attack types, and expected for the "first days in the new year":

Gunmen would be attacking leisure sites, discotheques, police stations etc. in a coordinated effort, with short arms and home made explosives.

According to him police and fast response forces of the army have just completed a maneuver to evaluate on how to react to multiple simultaneous gunmen attacks on various sites of the city with the result that they could not effecively treat wich such a threat.

Now, is that a scare? Or is this really a possible and probable scenario for London?

What does the community wisdom think?

Rattler

Good Lord, multiple attacks like that especially in urban areas would create a hailstorm of confusion, thats what authorities should fear the most and plan to deal with the most in a situation like this, confusion, not knowing how many, whats going and on and where, could cost precious time, and cost even more precious lives.

happy holidays.

Dunno man, but I wouldn't take any chances if I was in charge, look for both the obvious and hidden threats, it might be a scare to mask something totally different in that region or another part of the world. or it may be total BS

To carry out such an attack in a stable democracy would be rather stupid in my opinion, places like Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan where you have heavily faction-ed populations it has a certain strategic value but to do it in a politically stable nation it has the strong possibility of hardening peoples attitudes against your cause and I think from a terrorist groups perspective there is a certain area you want to occupy that is somewhere that people know who you are and what you can achieve but short of uniting a nation to want you destroyed.

Last edited:
Back