Do as I say, not as I do

phoenix80

Banned
hypocrite.gif

There is a lot of truth in this image. Anti-Western, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic propaganda is rather popular among Muslims, sadly. And much of it is about as insulting as it gets. But, you know. One has to allow for free speech and all. But in matters of religion, particularly the religion of Islam, that whole free speech thing is a liberty that just goes too far. Little more than Jewish conspiracy and Western overindulgence.

The price for an insult to Allah is having your embassy burned down. Oh, and terrorist officials plot your execution. "We should have killed them, we should have required just punishment for those that neither respect religion nor its holiest symbols" — Mahmoud Sahar (Hamas Leader)

What a wonderful world we live in.

http://myusofwhatever.greatestjournal.com/

Feb 7, 2006 — TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's best-selling newspaper has launched a competition to find the best cartoon about the Holocaust in retaliation for the publication in many European countries of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.

The Brussels-based Conference of European Rabbis (CER) denounced the idea and urged the Muslim world to do likewise.

The daily paper Hamshahri said the contest was designed to test the boundaries of free speech — the reason given by many European newspapers for publishing the cartoons of the Prophet.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1588900

:sick:

Italian Guy said:
Then you'll find a looooot of oxymorons on the Arab press, bud.

ha ha yeah it's like Stephen Colbert says. "I don't bother with facts, I just FEEL it's true."

"Some people say it takes a crazy man to see the truth, if that's the case then I'm a freaking lunatic!"

Feb 7, 2006 — TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's best-selling newspaper has launched a competition to find the best cartoon about the Holocaust in retaliation for the publication in many European countries of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.

And what would be the point? Do they think that will burn down their embassies...... What a childish thing to do. Besides, since we said that we don't give a hoot, who cares what they'll print.....

The latest one-upmanship from Iran depicts Anne Frank in bed with Hitler. The line is something like "put that in your diary Anne."

In my belief, there is a fine line between the Freedom of Press and Defamation. That line exists for the sake of social order and stablity. And in my view, the Danish Newspaper article that published such utter nonsense have crossed the line stupidly. Speaking of the freedom of the Press, in Europe censoring obscene/inflaming images does exist in this continent particularly when it relates to images of Jesus Christ. In Germany, Jehovah Witnesses are banned.

Phoenix dude!

The cartoons of Holy Prophet (PBUH) are not any less offensive as you try to show here.

And this cartoon is also not made by a muslim!

And you forgot one very important fact. Anti-muslim propaganda is also heavily prevalent in WEST.

And by the way a little correction, we haven't crossed the limits of Free Speech and it is the Western Media that has done that.

EDIT:

This is the 3rd thread about this issue. Also I have noticed that the person in the cartoon wears Pakistani flag and this adds to my suspicion. Do you have something personal against us or me?

If I have offended anyone else or you then I apologize but this discussion has already been pushed too far!

Last edited:
It's interesting to me how not once have you showed any anger at the fanatics that have hijacked your religion and given others a reason to question the sincerity of Islam as a peaceful religion. Frankly, you've got bigger problems in Islam than some cartoon depicting exactly what the fanatics portray it to be.

When Christians bomb abortion clinics, I don't get mad at the papers for insinuating they're fanatical hypocritical wackos. I get mad at the fanatics for using Christianity as an excuse to kill.

It seems your priorities are a bit mixed up.

PJ24 said:
It's interesting to me how not once have you showed any anger at the fanatics that have hijacked your religion and given others a reason to question the sincerity of Islam as a peaceful religion. Frankly, you've got bigger problems in Islam than some cartoon depicting exactly what the fanatics portray it to be.

When Christians bomb abortion clinics, I don't get mad at the papers for insinuating they're fanatical hypocritical wackos. I get mad at the fanatics for using Christianity as an excuse to kill.

It seems your priorities are a bit mixed up.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
That is the messege that people need to hear, read, and understand.

Maybe the rest of the "Moderate Islamic" community will now get off their collective arses and do something about it.

Agreed, I'd like to add my yes vote to that too.

Its funny that you never see other Muslims show any anger or do anything about those fanatics themselves. All you see them do is try to justify how good Islam is, and how its always the West's fault.

Back