SAW

Sorry i rushed and didnt think my question through properly, Yeah i meant Squad Automatic Weapon, but actually i should be asking for best 5.56mm light machine gun

We use the F89 minimi here in Australia, it's not a bad squad based weapon. Compared to hauling around the old equipment we had, it's a breath of light weight fresh air.

its originally FN made M249 minimi and russian pk/pks only cuz u can quickly replace a barrel in field,which makes those two most popular pieces

The M249 SAW FN MAG Light

Caliber: 5.56 mm BALL
Weight: 16.5 lbs
Max effective range: 1000 m (area target) 600 m (point target)
Rate of fire: 750 rounds per minute
Relaod time: 13 Seconds
Cyclic Rate: 1000 RPM

The new version is presently being use by USN Navy SEALs.

i like M-249 beacouse the fire speed adjuster,and conventional design,they shown to be more than good in combat,and are very loved among the british and american troops in iraq and afganistan.Although americans found the solution in FM MAG in 7.62x51 caliber(very frustrating expiriances with M-60)it still needed a team to operate it,so thye convereted it to mini,which is a hell of a gun ,can resist low temperatures and is compact especially in Para version wtih folding stock
and it can use belt ammo magasines,and regular M-16 magasines,so PK and PKS got them selves a pretty good rival

The SAW otherwise known as the Squad Automatic Weapon is an alright when it is in close quaters and covered by riflemen otherwise the gunner is to open and because of the weight of the gun it is hard to menuver easily and quickly and a long range the aim is shocking

Aaron said:
The SAW otherwise known as the Squad Automatic Weapon is an alright when it is in close quaters and covered by riflemen otherwise the gunner is to open and because of the weight of the gun it is hard to menuver easily and quickly and a long range the aim is shocking

Too heavy, really? Ever humped one? I started with a the pig (M60) and was glad to see the SAW enter service. Distances of 500 meters wre not that hard to cover with the weapon in open terrain.

Back