Saving Private Ryan Quotes

D_Plus_One

" 'The Statue of Liberty is kaput' - that's disconcerting" - Miller

"We're not here to do the decent thing, we're here to follow f***ing orders" - Miller

"I'll see you on the beach." -Miller

When Private Jackson would aim and he would say those quick prayers.

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Other best part.

FUBAR
FUBAR
FUBAR
FUBAR
Ya'll got that right.
I looked up fubar in the German dictionary and there's no fubar in here.

I really liked Jackson's character :D

"Seems to me, Cap'n, this mission is a serious misallocation of valuable military resources."
-Pvt Jackson

It was cool thought because at the very end when he shot the German prisoner it was like his de-p***y-ing. But you're right about costing half the guys on the team, remembr in the last battle for the bridge when Caparzo was fighting hand to hand with that German up in that house and Upham (the puss) was moreless standing on the stairs listening to him dying. He could have saved him.

Gentlemen, let's remember that the "p" word you all seem to enjoy using is considered foul language.

But I agree with you all about Upham, and I think it's kind of funny how the only person he has the minerals to shoot is unarmed. I kept hoping that his character would contract leprosy and die, but it never happened.

Hm...

I can't turn my back on you for more than 5 minutes.... :D

Try to say the P word now...
You may get a small surprise. 8)

That's just too much to resist Sir, never could keep away from a surprise. let's see what happens:

pussy

HAHA! Nice one.

FutureRANGER said:
It was cool thought because at the very end when he shot the German prisoner it was like his de-p***y-ing. But you're right about costing half the guys on the team, remembr in the last battle for the bridge when Caparzo was fighting hand to hand with that German up in that house and Upham (the puss) was moreless standing on the stairs listening to him dying. He could have saved him.

that wasnt Caparzo. Caparzo was Vin Disiel. Your thinkin of Mellish, or Fish i think they called him. And Upham was the transator. Arlen Wade is the Medic. John Miller is Capt. Raiben is the guy w/ the BAR. Horvath is the Sgt. w/ the carbine. Jackson is sniper. i think im missing someone too.

but i really like the quote, not sure of it. horvath when their in Ramelle, hes like "Maybe, just maybe, saving Privte Ryan is the one good thing we're able to pull of out of God-awful, (crappy) mess"

futureRANGER,
FUBAR is not a German word or any word for that matter. It's an acronym that stands for "F*** Up Beyond All Repair"

lol I know what it means, that entire paragraph was a quote from the movie. I just wasn't sure who said what so I left out names. Everyone in the squad said "Fubar" and then Upham (the 'kitty') said "I looked up fubar in the German dictionary and there's no fubar in here."

Here is the full quote I found it.

Lieutenant Dewindt: FUBAR.
Private Reiben: FUBAR.
Sergeant Horvath: FUBAR.
Captain John Miller: FUBAR
Private Jackson: Y'all got that right.
Corporal Upham: I looked up fubar in the German dictionary and there's no fubar in here.

other two both from upham:

it's not ours to question why, but to do and die

if God be for us, who could be against us?

They are Bible verses.

Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. (I believe this is Psalm 144, verse 1)

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. (This is the verse following the one above)

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

I think that's all of them.

A: What did they say?! :?:
B: Look mumy I washed my hands for dinner! :rambo:

That's the best joke in the movie! :lol:

Back