Saving Private Ryan Quotes

NoF3ar said:
Hey I just wanted to point out that Caparzo (vin deisel) died way before the ending battle so that couldn't have been him that was stabbed

You're right. It wasn't Caparzo. Mellish is the one who was stabbed by the German.

Just for a recap of the deaths in the movie:

Pvt. Caparzo: Sniper shot
Doc Wade: Machine gun fire
Pvt. Jackson: Anti-tank round in the bell tower
Pvt. Mellish: Stabbed during scuffle with German
Sgt. Horvath: Shot on bridge
Capt. Miller: Shot on bridge

Melish was killed by an ss guy with a camo uniform.

Upham shot a wermacktat.. Bettty Boop.... Betty Grable....nice gams.

Mine:

SGT HORVATH: If your mother saw you do that she'd be very upset!
CPT MILLER: I thought you were my mother.

Last edited:
Anyone spot the continuity FUBAR near the begining when you see Capt Millar and his team leaving the beach head in a Jeep, just before they walk off to find Ryan?
Great film though.
Remember seeing it at the cinema the first time.
The Beach assault was just an amazing piece of film work!

If I remember correctly the US troops landing in the film were put ashore by Higgins Boats, I am pretty sure they were landed by Royal Navy Landing craft.

If I remember correctly the US troops landing in the film were put ashore by Higgins Boats, I am pretty sure they were landed by Royal Navy Landing craft.

I believe it was a mixture of both depending on the sector of the beach.
The Royal Navy landed U.S. troops on a number of sectors on the American beaches.

At the time a number British papers criticised the film as it only showed the American involvement in D-Day.
It was pointed out that as Omaha was an American beach, then yes, it was understandable that the film focused on U.S. troops.

Saving private ryan is one of the best military movie of all time.

I am sure you guys will agree with me!

This one is my favorite.

Private Jackson: Well, it seems to me, sir, that God gave me a special gift, made me a fine instrument of warfare.

Back