Saving Private Ryan Quotes

If no one noticed, the "prisoner" that Upham shot at the end was the very same guy that he had talked the rest of the squad into releasing after digging the medic's grave.

"These men are the only brother's I have, I'm not leaving them." -Ryan

"I just got the wind knocked out of me." Random soldier who just got shot in the chest

I have another, but it wasn't actually part of the movie and there's quite a story behind it.

Not a random soldier, I believe it was Caparzo. I know he was part of their team, but i'm not sure who. I think Caparzo.

Spartan said:
Not a random soldier, I believe it was Caparzo. I know he was part of their team, but i'm not sure who. I think Caparzo.

I called him random soldier since I couldn't remember his name.

Actually, it was Sgt Horvath that said that. He said it just after he got shot in the chest in Rommelle and Capt. Millar asks him if he's alright. Soon after, however, he dies.

I like this one, it's not so much the quote, it's more the "instuction" following after :D

"We'll use sticky-bombs on the tanks here and..."
"Sticky-bombs?!"
"Yeah.. Sticky-bombs."

- Instuction on how to make the sticky-bombs :twisted: -

That's what I call "Blowing off their socks" ;)

I liked this one...

After they torch one of the bunkers a soldier says: "Don't shoot, let 'em burn!"

And another is when the German soldier is digging a grave in front of the remaining six soldiers on the mission, he keeps trying to humor them so that they won't kill him, and when he realizes none of them are laughing, he says: "F_CK HITLER!" But of course after Cpt. Miller let him go he comes back with the Wermacht to Rommelle and shoots him. That really pissed me off. The Captain should have let the boys shoot him is what I say. That's what I'd have done.

German

The movie is a lot more interesting if you know German.

I forget the exact line, but as the German is slowly stabbing Caparzo, he's saying something like, "shh, be quiet and it won't hurt so much"

The German trying to surrender is saying "Nicht Schiesen" (don't shoot), and the American translates it as "Look mommy, I washed my hands"

Theres also some dialogue between the Germans in the tanks and the infantry near the end. Adds a lot to the movie when you understand it.

Re: German

Six said:

I forget the exact line, but as the German is slowly stabbing Caparzo, he's saying something like, "shh, be quiet and it won't hurt so much"

The German trying to surrender is saying "Nicht Schiesen" (don't shoot), and the American translates it as "Look mommy, I washed my hands"

Theres also some dialogue between the Germans in the tanks and the infantry near the end. Adds a lot to the movie when you understand it.

Are you talking about the soldiers coming out of the bunker after they allied soldiers passed the beach?

My favorite is from the scene when they count dog tags at the table to see if Ryan is dead. The Sniper spits on one and cleans it off then says..

"I do believe we have a winner....Ryan.."

Then when they look at the dog tag his friends says..

"Do believe this genious? R-I-E-N-N-E ! "

comments

Captain Miller: Got anything left in this town like a three star hotel, somethin' with clean sheets and soft pillows and room service?

Captain Fred Hamill: How about a nice comfy church?

.............................................................................................

Captain Miller: Jackson, if we can I'd like to get you up in that bell tower.

Private Jackson: Yes Sir.

Captain Miller: Give ya a little company if ya need it.

Private Jackson: Yes sir some company couldn't hurt, I'd say a 30 with about 1000 rounds would be okay.

..............................................................................................

Private Caparzo: Everytime you salute the Captain you make him a target for the Germans. So do us a favor, don't do it. Especially when I'm standing next to him, capice?
............................................................................................

Sergeant Michael Horvath: Captain if your mother saw you do that she'd be very upset.

Captain Miller: I thought you were my mother.

They are good sayings lol

Jackson i think was hot in that film grrrrrrrrr

Damien said:
If no one noticed, the "prisoner" that Upham shot at the end was the very same guy that he had talked the rest of the squad into releasing after digging the medic's grave.

"These men are the only brother's I have, I'm not leaving them." -Ryan
also the same one that killed melish

Yeah... Melish... isn't he the medic?

I mentioned that he was dead with the whole... grave-digging thing.

Nope, Mellish was the jewish-american with the M1. I think the medic's name was something like ... Johnnycake. Can't recall, my memory is like a goldfish.

Hey I just wanted to point out that Caparzo (vin deisel) died way before the ending battle so that couldn't have been him that was stabbed

Back