SAVE THE REGIMENTS - LONDON RALLY - APRIL 9

The Save the Regiments Campaign is pleased to confirm a national mass rally in London on Sat April 9, 2005 to demonstrate against the Government's plans to disband and amalgamate many of the UK's Army Regiments.

Route of parade

Assemble HYDE PARK at 11:30am – March off approx 12:15

Then

> PARK LANE

> PICCADILLY / PICCADILLY CIRCUS

> HAYMARKET

> TRAFALGAR SQUARE

Trafalgar Square approx. 1:15pm to 2:15pm

FULL DETAILS CAN BE FOUND AT

http://www.londonrally.info

omg they are all places from monopoly... go through mayfair then collect 200 bucks!

but on a serious note, GL, imo britain should keep its strong military.

Roll on London 9th April.

This is the place to be.If you are abroad book a cheap flight and have a great break in the worlds most "happening "city.
Be part of military history.Save the U.K.'s infantry regiments from extinction.If you are present on the rally, you will be able to tell your children and your childrens' children,"I was there."
Anyone with relatives you haven't seen for a while, arrange to meet them and see the sights after the rally.
Of course, one or two of you will not be able to make it,especially if you are on active service.But remember,this is not just for history as some would tell you.It is for your future,your regiments future,your recruiting areas future and your countries future.
I know our service personnel will be with us in spirit and if you can get your wives/husbands,mums/dads,brothers/sisters to come that would be great.You can also play your part by writing letters to your MP and the government and seeing you are registered to vote tactically.
SAVE THE REGIMENTS,SAVE THE FUTURE OF YOUR LOCAL REGIMENTS.

Tony Blair in Dundee tomorrow.(Friday)
ALL U.S.friends with contacts in Dundee,Scotland U.K. ask them to go to the Caird Hall, and see if they can ask the P.M., why he is cutting their local regiment,closing the museum,changing their uniform,dropping their badge and ending their tradition.
This is the regiment that assisted our U.S. allies in the North of Iraq.This is the regiment that lost half of its pipe band, through death and injury to a suicide bomb.
This is the regiment that will march proudly through Dundee tomorrow and they are warmly welcomed as our own.This is the Black Watch whom American generals described as awesome.
I don't know if Mr.Blair WILL FEEL ANY WARMTH IN HIS WELCOME TO DUNDEE.
:?:

They did the same thing in Canada a number of times.

E.G., they amalgamated the Cape Breton Highlanders with the North Nova Scotia Highlanders and the Pictou Highlanders to form the Nova Scotia Highlanders.

I think the Loyad Edmonton Regiment has been completely absorbed into the PPCLI and have lost their cvap badge etc.

I really wish I knew why the gov't pulled this crap. These regiments have proud histories, traditions, batle honours, etc. I imagine it's even more so in the UK, where a lot of the units are far older.

Only bright note on this side of the pond is that the existence of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment is guaranteed in our Terms of Union with Canada -- right up therewith our constitutional right to yellow margarine.

J.

Hello there Sigpig

Hello.I read what you said about the Canadian regiments.Awful.It seems to me that they will have a toy-town defence network, if they do not change these plans.The thing is, that yet another Scottish regiment,the R.H.F., is doing a difficult tour in Iraq. If these regiments are the ones required for the task they shouldn't be threatened with cuts.Others such as the Welsh and some English units are also for the chop if it goes ahead.You can help stop this by spreading the word in the rest of the world and getting folk to write to our Prime Minister to complain.They hate a bad press abroad.....

REGARDS TO ALL OUR HELPERS AND FRIENDS ABROAD.

LONDON RALLY Change of time afternoon kickoff

The rally will now start at the same point, Hyde Park near Speakers corner; in the afternoon. see rally site for details.

Back