phoenix80

Banned
googleearthimage15uo1fa.jpg

Mehrabad TFB.1 in Tehran

KC-707, B-747, C-130s, F-27s.... are visible

adnanaewaircraft1kh.jpg

Iranian AWACS and Two C-130s in Shiraz TFB south of Iran

owj5wr.jpg

formerly built by Northrop in 1977, this is owj project in Tehran where Iranian AF refurbishes its airplanes.

Last edited:
Further goofing around with Google Earth reveals such odds and ends as an Il-76 or two and quite a few other craft I am not able to ID.

What are the circled aircraft?

iranaircraft6rx.jpg

I think the two at the bottom of the picture are more likely to be transport aircraft as the fuselages are to thick to be a U2

The wings are far too sort as well. Incidentally, the engines are in the wrong place for the top one to be an An-74. The profile fits something like an An-24 more closely.

phoenix80 said:
googleearthimage15uo1fa.jpg

Mehrabad TFB.1 in Tehran

KC-707, B-747, C-130s, F-27s.... are visible

adnanaewaircraft1kh.jpg

Iranian AWACS and Two C-130s in Shiraz TFB south of Iran

owj5wr.jpg

formerly built by Northrop in 1977, this is owj project in Tehran where Iranian AF refurbishes its airplanes.
moving0target said:
Further goofing around with Google Earth reveals such odds and ends as an Il-76 or two and quite a few other craft I am not able to ID.

What are the circled aircraft?

iranaircraft6rx.jpg

Looks all like targets to me.... :firedevi:

What the hell are we going to do with 20 year old ex-soviet military equipment. It's all Warsaw Pact standard, nothing is compatable with NATO/USA equipment.

5.56X45mm said:
What the hell are we going to do with 20 year old ex-soviet military equipment. It's all Warsaw Pact standard, nothing is compatable with NATO/USA equipment.

Iran's military is 1970-80s NATO equipped armed services

At any rate, the US is in the process of replacing craft that are generations ahead of Iran's best. Why capture something that would, at best, be mothballed?

Back