SAS naked and bound in training - Page 6

--

July 24th, 2009  
KJ

Wow the word SAS starts debates and sells papers..
The sad part is that everyone here are biting on it..

I read that article and it looks like a rather generic RTI ex..
And yes they can and will mess you up.
As long as they leave no bruises that are visable when you are allowed off base.
July 25th, 2009  
Redleg

Wow, a 4 years old post being bumped up..
July 25th, 2009  
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK
Dont know where the 3 hours comes from,its more like 48-72, just cause they cant kill you dont mean it wont f<>?(*k a person over. It is quite an eye opener how you end up and they cant even flogg you.
Well said ! Like any military exercise it is dangerous, risky and something can go wrong. So knowing it's only an exercise and your own side won't kill you, the intensitiy of the "Conduct under Capture" and the techniques used can instill fear and do exactly what NECK said. I've dealt with people who've cracked under training. And the training is needed because it does build up resiliance to future potential real dangers and torture to extract information.
--
July 27th, 2009  
Car Freak

Interesting post! How many members who have replied to this thread are actually members/former members of the SAS?

I'm a Brit and a former member of the British SBS (Combined SAS/SBS selection). Things must have changed dramatically since I left the service because I can't remember being hit, punched, slapped, or anything like that when I did my RTI course! Yes there are dogs and they do bark; however, they are there purely to instill some realism in to the training, and not there to rip your limbs from your body.

The whole thought process around RTI is to not physically harm you, but to train you in know techniques used by our enemies and to see how you react and deal with those situations when placed in them. There is another important part to this training which has been missed out. It's called combat survival and this is the exercise which is used to cause sleep deprivation and physical exhaustion prior to the RTI training.

I think everyone in there right mind knows that they're not going to kill you - However, people do fail this course...most of them not for the reasons you would imagine, but because of the way they reacted to the situations they were placed in.

Yes, the training is hard and I have crossed trained with the Aussie SAS, but at the end of the day it is exactly what it says on the tin....training!
August 12th, 2009  
NECK

Ex Aussie here!!
August 13th, 2009  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK
Ex Aussie here!!
How exactly does one become an "ex Aussie"?
August 13th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Emmigrated to antoher country?
August 14th, 2009  
Warwick

Nah , he started barracking for England in the cricket!!!!
August 14th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick
Nah , he started barracking for England in the cricket!!!!

Scum!! Throw 'em to the sharks!
August 18th, 2009  
cisco

Topic: I'm always amazed

how some people think they can explain the benefits of forcing our western ways of living, our priciples of democracy and human rights, on other societies if we dont give a **** about them,