Sarah Palin put State owned Jet on Ebay to reduce taxes

So what? States sell unused state assets all the time. Whats next? They are going to declare she a genius because signed a bill into law?

If we are going to talk about spending. How about the fact she initially approved the "Bridges for Nowhere" pork as well other earmarks done by Ted Stevens it wasn't until there was a national public outcry in the Media, that's when she remembered that she was against pork.

A typical John Kerry flip flop, "I was in favor of pork until I was against it".

Heres the link

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1116208&srvc=2008campaign&position=12

Typical GOP revisionist history, they only remember the parts they like, not the part they don't. Oops.

And Remember this is a state swimming in oil money.

Personally I don't know what's the REAL big deal about flip flopping. You have a stance, you find out more about it, you change your mind.
Yes and that applies to Kerry as well.
Heck, I think I flip flop a few times. I know I did about Global Warming. Or the existence of WMDs in Iraq. Thought Noh Moo-hyun might be a good President... OOPS! He was so bad that the newspapers etc., have become more conservative compared to before he was President.

I'm not keen on politicians who roll over. They are in the right place, have enough staff and resources that they should get it right the first time around, before they venture their opinions to the electorate.

Rolling over, in my opinion is a good sign of having opened their mouth before checking the facts. That's not what their electors pay them film star wages for.

Personally I don't know what's the REAL big deal about flip flopping. You have a stance, you find out more about it, you change your mind.
Yes and that applies to Kerry as well.
Heck, I think I flip flop a few times. I know I did about Global Warming. Or the existence of WMDs in Iraq. Thought Noh Moo-hyun might be a good President... OOPS! He was so bad that the newspapers etc., have become more conservative compared to before he was President.

In theory I agree, but this wasn't a change inn opinion this was a cold $300 Million dollars to be wasted on the state to build a bridge that didn't need to be built. It wasn't just a change of opinion on a policy liek Kerry with Iraq, it was deciding not to accept a payoff that profited her own consituants, after initially accepting it. -And then claiming the moral high ground.

And as a State Governor I dont really blame her for initially wanting to accept it. But there are three things that bug me:

1. Plain changed her mind AFTER the scandal broke, not before.
2. The hypocrisy of the GOP claiming they are tough on spending. They only are tough on Democrats spending, NOT their own. its those "do as I say, not as I do" lessons that really irritate me.
3. The blatant attempt to rewrite History, instead of acknowledge error. And that goes for Kerry as well.

Last edited:
I'm not keen on politicians who roll over. They are in the right place, have enough staff and resources that they should get it right the first time around, before they venture their opinions to the electorate.

Rolling over, in my opinion is a good sign of having opened their mouth before checking the facts. That's not what their electors pay them film star wages for.

Good point actually. But then again, we may be over estimating their ability to get accurate information quickly.
If they do change their mind, they better have a reason good enough to hold a press conference about the new developments.

Mmarsh, I have a feeling that politics is dirtier than whoring. And as for re-writing history... everyone tries it with varying degrees of success. I believe that goes with all parties. Don't know about America but over here it was actually the leftist government who tried to re-write it. There was a TV series about President Park Jung-hee and his group of people who built the country into what it is today but the government banned it because it made them look bad. After all, it was him they were demonstrating against. Even tried to change the part about how the North Koreans started the Korean War. Tried to exaggerrate American atrocities during the Korean War while marginalizing North Korean atrocities (way, WAY worse).
The right wing were guilty of trying to downplay the level of collaborators South Korea had. But there was a reason for that. These guys actually KNEW how to run industries, government and knew how to run businesses. Without them, South Korea was doomed to be a poor country.
So... in short, everyone does it.
Some more guilty than others.
I just wished I had something good to say about the left wing government we had for the past fifteen years but they were so crap that the media, who were traditionally left wing, turned conservative because they had lost faith in them.

Back