San Francisco to Remove JROTC from schools

Duty Honor Country

You can take your pic of articles

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...orROTC,00.html

But San Francisco s removing JROTC from its school system next year, leaving 1700 cadets out of a program. One reasoning was the fact that the Army has the don't ask don't tell policy. However, JROTC does not have such a limitation.

Anyways, I am joining the side that says this move is BS. I am sure that the Gay organizations in the SF schools are more than welcome to do thier thing. Althought the line of pushing ones agenda forcibly on people is overused in today's society, but this is a clear example of it being done. I actually watched some anti war woman at the school board hearing declare that JROTC is just producing future baby killers and occupiers of the military. I guess Cadet Doody is recieving top secret training at APSU ROTC on how to oppress the world and kill babies for fun along the way. If gays are allowed their say in schools, you better believe that JROTC has a place too. My blood is boiling so I will stop rambling for now. I am interested to see the rage that this will produce with some of the forum members.

Keep it clean boys, and the occasional girl

Doody

I'm loathe to post to the topic since the other thread on Gays in the Military has been locked... seems like writing on the wall.

Its an attempt to remove what they don't like while keeping what they think is right with no regard to equality and fair play. Its similar to equal rights where people want all the gravy but none of the sweat to get it. I say if they shut down JROTC programs then cut their funding. You can still run JROTC programs off campus if they really want it as an after-school activity.

Face it, you will never win a fight with the liberal PC crowd who clamour on about platitudes in direct defiance of real world facts. Doesn't mean we should be footing the bill for it either.

They are following the lead of the universities that have barred military recruiters from campuses over the dont ask dont tell bs. I say fine, don't go on campus, set up across the street and cut ALL federal dollars from the school. No pell grants, no guaranteed loans, NOTHING. See how long they last.

They have a right to be stupid but I don't have an obligation to pay for that right.

Lets hope it doesnt get anywhere close to the South-Eastern US...I like JROTC. And besides, why would they get rid of it when its not a required course? People only take it if they WANT to...An ELECTive...Root word being "elect" meaning choose.

Good lord, now these liberal freaks remove another part of America fromt he school system. It's an elective. Folks join that class by choice. But i guess in Liberal Land it's wrong to be proud of your country.

Pardon my talk here for a second. @#$% THE LIBERALS!

Well, the ACLU has been after the Boy Scouts for years because they will not let openly gay Scoutmasters in. I imagine they are behind most of the attacks on wholesome American institutions. Sorry, but I don't think I would want my son on a campout with a troop that has a gay leader.

it will have a lot of those students trying to compete to get into a military high school. and as far as I know, there is only one in California.

I remember when the militant anti-war groups targeted ROTC buildings on college campuses during the 60s. As far as I know, those people are now Professors and Administrators, especially in California.

So I don't get it, does this group hate don't ask don't tell because it let's gays join the military so long as they keep it in their pants or do they hate it because the policy is meant to prevent gays from joining?

It is against it because they claim it is discriminatory. They just fail to see that by removing the JROTC programs from the school they are discriminating against kids who want to participate... but then again the liberal agenda is never truly about equality.

this is basically disgraceful, and a reason i will never move or even visit this horrible city. we should all boycott travelling to san fransisco.

Well, the ACLU has been after the Boy Scouts for years because they will not let openly gay Scoutmasters in.
Very good! What kind of an example would it be to the kids to have a gay Scoutmaster, for crying out loud.....

Pardon my talk here for a second. @#$% THE LIBERALS!
Pardon unneeded, but accepted:bravo:

Question: Schwarzanegger (did I spell that right) problably wouldn't be happy about this bullcrap....the work of nitwits, what's his stand on this?

It is against it because they claim it is discriminatory. They just fail to see that by removing the JROTC programs from the school they are discriminating against kids who want to participate... but then again the liberal agenda is never truly about equality.

It's the same old crap of making the majority suffer because a vocal minority plays the discrimination trump card.

I think I am going to start playing the race card from now on. I'm male, middle class and white, I blame Canada for all my problems!

Agreed!

It's the same old crap of making the majority suffer because a vocal minority plays the discrimination trump card.

I love when people are like it's not my fault I was born "insert minority"...

Guess what it isn't my fault I was born "insert majority"....

I think I am going to start playing the race card from now on. I'm male, middle class and white, I blame Canada for all my problems!

That would get you a written reprimand in the mean old business world. I was explaining to someone lately how we have to attend meetings with various groups to learn what they like and dislike. I'm not sure how many Employee Resource Groups we have but there are about four different Women groups and sub-groups; gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and allies; pacific rim employees; Asian studies group; African American groups; Polynesian groups; Middle Eastern employee groups; Hispanic groups; I'm sure I missed some but each Division has mixtures of the mentioned ones. There are no American Indian or white American male groups and the subject is never mentioned.

Back