Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexybeast

Banned
there will be a voting of same sex marriage in canadian parliment soon...

there are lots of discussion going on in canada right now on this issue.

wut do u think?

can religion tolerate this?

is the charter of rights really allow same sex to get married?

Seperation of Church and State. The Charter doesn't specify who can get married; and when we legalized homosexual relationships, we said they are as legitimate as heterosexual ones. Frankly I don't see how this will have any affect on me; and therefore I support it, as it does me no harm, and benifits those who are already in life long relationships.

My whole theory on this is that religion gave up the right to determine who can and cannot get married the second religions let the government issue marriage licenses. At the point that it is a state instiution and the state cannot discriminate in the same way a private instituion can. So if we are to be true to the laws and philosophies of the United States same-sex marriage has to be legalized. That is the theoretical.

The practical is that it will eventually become legalized in the U.S. but I doubt it will be anytime soon. It was, what, 30 years ago(?) homosexuality was still considered a mental desiese and now homosexuals expect to make the jump from desiesed to fully accepted in such a short time? Ain't going to happen, it took the blacks over 200 years.

But there is no doubt in my mind that history will judge the anti-gay crowd in the same manner that it currently judges the KKK so I've decided to side with justice. :)

EDIT: I think this goes in the off topic forum :?:

one thing we found here in NZ was that the wording was important, it's not a marriage becasue marriage has to do with a religion....however a same sex UNION doesn't carry the same emotional response.

all though it has polarised many people here our parliment voted through the civil unions bill...which doesn't descriminate against gender

I don't see why they can just keep it with a Union with all the same benefits. "Marriage" indeed I think is treading on religious territory. Just call it a Union officially. No one's going to care.

I personally am against it, but I don't really have a problem with homosexuals as long as they do what they do away from me. I don't like how some are like "Hey, look at me!! I'm Gay!!!". I think that marriage is a holy union of two people of different genders. I understand that marriage is also a financial thing in the USA, with benfits being gained. We could provide some sort of benefits for gay people too, but not call it marriage.

Slightly off topic, but, what does everyone here think about gay adoption?
Could you imagine growing up with 2 fathers?

This is a potential "dangerous" topic.
But I'll let it run as long as you can keep it civil in here..

Thanks. :)

SHERMAN said:
I know im going to be sorrey for getting into this, but:

How dose it hurt everybody?

For one humongous reason, it spreads HIV. I know that isn't the only way that one can spread the disease but that has been determined to be the fastest way to spread it. I'll probably be annihilated for this but homosexuals tend to be more promiscuous than heterosexuals. Also, the first case recorded was a homosexual airline attendant. After exposure by homosexuality, HIV spreads quickly by bi-sexuals, needle users, blood transfusions, by birth Mother to child, and probably through ways yet to be discovered. Remember, HIV is not the only disease suffered by homosexuals but I'd rather not go into that.

Joe252 said:
(unless there lesbians)

you cant exclude something just because you like it, you have to go one way or another in this case. you cant put on the ballot "no gay men, but let the lesbos do whatever they want"

Joe252 said:
ITS SICK AND WRONG(unless there lesbians) and besides it goes against myh religion

that is such a blind comment....if you're goign to be against homosexuals...be against all of them, i hate doubel standards and esp THAT arguement

I could care less what two consenting adults do if they are in a committed relationship. None of my business.

Missileer said:
I'll probably be annihilated for this but homosexuals tend to be more promiscuous than heterosexuals

What you make of this comment is what you make of it but from my experience this turns out to be rather true. I had two gay roomates which I stayed with for a year, so I actually got to see glimpses of their lives. Actually... I guess I even got to see what good friends of gay people don't end up seeing.
So it's not like I'm completely clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back