• support it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
r031Button said:
Seperation of Church and State. The Charter doesn't specify who can get married; and when we legalized homosexual relationships, we said they are as legitimate as heterosexual ones. Frankly I don't see how this will have any affect on me; and therefore I support it, as it does me no harm, and benifits those who are already in life long relationships.

I concur. ;)

OutcastHuman said:
We need to keep thing sthe way they are.

Keep things the way they are? umm, news flash, have you TAKEN a history class? homosexuality has been a common and accepted occurance in many societies for thousands of years. so, in support of keeping things the way they are, you mean to continue to accept homosexuality? :lol:

Charge_7 said:
I think you can throw religion as a reason to exclude them right out unless you want to enact some law that says atheists can't be married.

i agree with this point. people use religion so often as an excuse against homosexuals, but they do not realize that this is NOT God's word, it is the word of those who decided to write down 'His word'. ;) (oooh, now i am sacreligious) but to not get too off topic here, the point is that we interpret the word of God, for our own purposes, not as it was written. quote it all you want, but the point of god smiting the people of sodom was that they had turned away from god.
i know a LOT of gays and lesbians, i am not one, but i am good friends with many of them. many of them feel that they are being forced to turn away from god because of what religious people say about homosexuality :cry: . i went to a catholic highschool. guess how many people there i met that were gay/bi/lesbian? a whole bunch.
saying they cant get married is like saying they arent aloud to believe in god. it is a denial of their religious rights, and the sacraments (if you're catholic).
as far as the marriage -vs- union thing goes, you would have to ask a gay, bi, lesbian about the difference, because there is one. i cant explain it to you. i can only guess that the difference is that they WANT to be able to have a religious ceremony, but their own religions deny them of it.
i think that sucks :cry: ....how does it make YOU feel?

tg_88 :roll:

wow...i thought MOD thinks my thread is so unrelated that they removed it,
after all it is in POLLs area...all hail to mods

lots of interesting discussion here, glad to see ppl post educational comments, (although i see some "not so mature" words like "lesbians are good, gay are not")

This is an extremely contrversial issue, that Canada i think is kind of splited on this issue,
i think most of ppl in Eastern Canada, and also Western coasts in BC support same-sex marriage, while majority of ppl in Central Canada disapprove this issue...

this is also a hot topic internationally, When Canada's PM Martin went to India, India's Religion leaders openly critiszed Same-sex marriage as an idea "come from a sicked mind"......not so popluar huh?

i think in canada now, or at least in the environment i am living (BC, western coast), ppl have a tendency now that they will mark u as "discriminating homosexual ppl" if u oppose same-sex marriage, although u do reallly discriminate gays and lesbians but do not want to change the defination of marriage....

again, let me say it, opposing Same-sex marriage is not discriminating gays and lesbians

By the way, dear Mods...could u do us a favor move this lovely thread to general chit chat, so more ppl can join the discussion (i think not lots of ppl coming to Polls very often)

people in a same sex relationship can be married, it just is not officially recognised by the governement or the church. at least thats how it is here

has anyone else signed up online and become a pastor or someone who can officiate marriages. i did, ages ago, i forget which church i signed up for:D so yeah if anyone wants a shotgun marriage, gimme a call!!!!!

First off religion isnt even a part of it, because gays dont get married in the church, they get married legally, not religiously. No matter how religious the gay couple is youre not going to see a priest, or pastor marry them. So religion is not even an issue.

I think gay marriage should be illegal just becuase its deadly, unnatural, and unpatriotic. I know the founding fathers are turning in their graves over gay marriage. Marriage is for a man and a woman, thats what the founding fathers thought, they didnt elaborate in the past because homosexuality was ridiculous, and out of the question. America has gone down the drain as far as morales are concerned.

Also gays spread AIDS, its science. AIDS KILLS YOU. There is no cure, you die if you get it. Just because youre gay doesnt give you the right to spread AIDS, its a horrible, fatal disease. Look what AIDS has done to Africa, there are millions dead and thousands of orphans. Escalation of that disease in America is the last thing we need. In a way its like shooting someone. In my opinion Homosexuality should be discouraged, and shunned. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
First off religion isnt even a part of it, because gays dont get married in the church, they get married legally, not religiously. No matter how religious the gay couple is youre not going to see a priest, or pastor marry them. So religion is not even an issue.

I think gay marriage should be illegal just becuase its deadly, unnatural, and unpatriotic. I know the founding fathers are turning in their graves over gay marriage. Marriage is for a man and a woman, thats what the founding fathers thought, they didnt elaborate in the past because homosexuality was ridiculous, and out of the question. America has gone down the drain as far as morales are concerned.

Also gays spread AIDS, its science. AIDS KILLS YOU. There is no cure, you die if you get it. Just because youre gay doesnt give you the right to spread AIDS, its a horrible, fatal disease. Look what AIDS has done to Africa, there are millions dead and thousands of orphans. Escalation of that disease in America is the last thing we need. In a way its like shooting someone. In my opinion Homosexuality should be discouraged, and shunned. :cowb:

ummmm a couple of points there buddy, is everyone in africa with gay? Aids (as with all sexually transmitted illnesses) are transmitted by unsafe, promiscious sex. if you are gay, have one partner, and practise safe sex you have a minimal chance of getting aids. (the same as a heterosexual person) therefore civil unions, the recognition of a monogamous and comitted relationship should be encouraged IMO.

there are Gay church leaders all over the world, and many many gay people part of a religious movement.

and how do you "know" what the founding fathers thought?

chewie_nz said:
ACTaFOOL82 said:

ummmm a couple of points there buddy, is everyone in africa with gay? Aids (as with all sexually transmitted illnesses) are transmitted by unsafe, promiscious sex. if you are gay, have one partner, and practise safe sex you have a minimal chance of getting aids. (the same as a heterosexual person) therefore civil unions, the recognition of a monogamous and comitted relationship should be encouraged IMO.

there are Gay church leaders all over the world, and many many gay people part of a religious movement.

and how do you "know" what the founding fathers thought?

Actually with the African thing, there are two reasons for rampant AIDS. First, AIDS was traced back in the beginning to an African country where Green's monkeys seem to have an auto immune deficiency but are carriers. The disease was likely passed to humans who prepared their meat for cooking. Second, in a lot of tribes, the custom is to take your dead Brother's wife as your own and care for her. If your brother died if AIDS, it's likely it will be passed on to you by her and then gets spread through births. The cycle quickly spins out of control.

Here is a website that traces the most likely origin of AIDS. Open and click on "timeline". Then click on the different events starting with 1959.
Then click on 1999.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/aids/

Im not trying to say homosexuality is rampant in Africa, Im saying the AIDS disease has done mass damage to the country. It doesnt matter how you contract it, you die. If your lifestyle results in spreading a fatal disease then you should be banished from the land. The last thing America needs is more AIDS. Just because youre gay it doesnt give you the right to spread disease. No matter how you contract it.

Also theyre are gay leaders in many churches. They arent allowed to marry or fornicate with other members of their sex. So even if a priest/pastor is gay, he cant marry a gay couple. Therefore religion isnt associated with gay marriage.

The founding father, and American presidents were all Christian and most of them were slave owners. How do you think they would deal with gay marriage. Im just putting two and two together. Its perfectly logical. :cowb:

its sick, some guy raping a boy even though hes a priest

how u can be gay anyways, im still sticking iwth that its a mental sickness

A little off topic but still, that is disgusting and a horrible sin. Those men who do it are banished from the priesthood. :cowb:

reality check guys:
hompsexuality is NOT a mental illness, as much as you want it to be. and, as far as genetics is concerned, its not hereditary either. as far as the scientific world knows.
if you say that the 'founding fathers' were christian, and slave owners, which you did, first off, its not even an argument, its an example of how you feel. but secondly, are you suggesting that the slave trade was okay too? because, if you 'put two and two together" like you said, then slavery is a good idea, and homosexuality should be condemned.
But see, up here in the land of Ice and Snow, aka Canada, we, and by we, i mean most of us, believe in human equality and that includes equality regardless of sexual orientation.
an yeah, gay people get aids, but if they are getting married, they're not going to be sleeping around, dontcha think? wouldnt that lead to the stop of your so called spread of aids. that is, if you honestly prove that they are responsible for it, but they're not, so end of story.
tg

tankgirl_88 said:
reality check guys:
hompsexuality is NOT a mental illness, as much as you want it to be. and, as far as genetics is concerned, its not hereditary either. as far as the scientific world knows.
if you say that the 'founding fathers' were christian, and slave owners, which you did, first off, its not even an argument, its an example of how you feel. but secondly, are you suggesting that the slave trade was okay too? because, if you 'put two and two together" like you said, then slavery is a good idea, and homosexuality should be condemned.
But see, up here in the land of Ice and Snow, aka Canada, we, and by we, i mean most of us, believe in human equality and that includes equality regardless of sexual orientation.
an yeah, gay people get aids, but if they are getting married, they're not going to be sleeping around, dontcha think? wouldnt that lead to the stop of your so called spread of aids. that is, if you honestly prove that they are responsible for it, but they're not, so end of story.
tg

Well in my land of Ice and Snow, aka Russia, the law saying that men convicted of engaging in homosexual activity have a mandatory punishment of 5 years imprisonment has been scrapped only 12 years ago.

http://community.middlebury.edu/~moss/RGC2.html

tankgirl_88 said:
but if they are getting married, they're not going to be sleeping around, dontcha think? wouldnt that lead to the stop of your so called spread of aids. that is, if you honestly prove that they are responsible for it, but they're not, so end of story.
tg

Sorry. Not true. There was a study done, forgive me I have forgotten the name of the country it was done in :?, but this country had a study done after homosexual marriage was okayed... A year to a year and a half of marriage the high majority of gay couples divorced. And that year to a year and a half was NOT being faithful. Many of the couples had sex group parties ect.

It's disgusting IMHO.

I spent a year with gay roommates (I get a lot of flak for this) and that is what I saw. A great deal of gay men don't really commit, rather openly exchnage partners on a regular basis. They're VERY VERY open about sex, FAR more so than straight people and generally don't have the Male-Female communication problem that often restricts sex from taking place like rabbits in an open field.
Guys, imagine girls were going to "okay" a deal for sex as often as a guy would "okay" a dreal for sex when offered from a girl. Yes, now imagine that happening with two guys. Because that's kinda what happens.
Obviously there will always be exceptions. But after a year of observation, that's what I saw.

As for living together etc. Whatever, you only live once. Two dudes screwing each other isn't going to affect my life in any way so I say just let 'em do it. Give them legal union if they want it. Marriage treads upon religious ground so I think that's pushing it, but a civil union should be allowed. It's the dude's life. If he feels the urge is so great it's worth pissing off his whole family and making his ex-girlfriends feel really icky then by all means.

im still feeling ooze about what you said " guys screwing each other"

iuno, i dont really care how gay people feel about each other as long it doesnt involve me or my friends in them

but YEK.... gay sex... what in the hell is that????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back