• support it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For one humongous reason, it spreads HIV.

Yes in the Begning Churches and religious institutes too said similar stuff and AIDS was considered GOD's warth on Homosexuals ...................But what they forget is Lesbians are at Minimal Risk on getting HIV ......... two sides of the Coin ..................And i don't think AIDS should be used to denounce Homosexuality ...........Everyone is At risk form Sexuality transmitted Disease be it Homo / Bi / hetro Sexuals.................to prevent them don't have sex at all PERIOD .................. :)

I don't care about one's sexual orientation ...................About Same sex marriage ................i think Civil Union with all the rights ........... is a better Option as marriage is somethign that has religion involved .

can religion tolerate this?

NO ,.................and who cares State shoud be independent of religion.

peace
-=SF_13=-

If HIV is the reasoning, then explain the reason it's running rampant in Africa. There goes that arguement into the wastebasket. People who have the idea that HIV is a homosexual issue are very dangerous. It allows the disease to spread because "it's a gay thing" whereas in actuality it's a threat to everybody.

Missileer said:
SHERMAN said:
I know im going to be sorrey for getting into this, but:

How dose it hurt everybody?

For one humongous reason, it spreads HIV. I know that isn't the only way that one can spread the disease but that has been determined to be the fastest way to spread it. I'll probably be annihilated for this but homosexuals tend to be more promiscuous than heterosexuals. Also, the first case recorded was a homosexual airline attendant. After exposure by homosexuality, HIV spreads quickly by bi-sexuals, needle users, blood transfusions, by birth Mother to child, and probably through ways yet to be discovered. Remember, HIV is not the only disease suffered by homosexuals but I'd rather not go into that.

How does letting Gays get married speed up the spread of HIV? They are still going to sleep together, regardless of their marital status(unprotected Hetrosexual sex spreads it to, gays are just less likely to use a condom). Also, If they are more promiscuous (and I agree with you on that), then wouldn't letting them settle down and have an official "Union" stop that?

However, I dont think it should be called "Marriage" when Gay people get married, while I am not religious this is a religious term and They should respect their rules that Gays cannot marry, The state can make gay 'Unions' legal though.

And really, What does it matter if there are two guys or a guy and a girl doing it next door, Its behind closed doors.
(and for the record, I am not Gay and I find two guys kissing rather unsettling)

Charge_7 said:
If HIV is the reasoning, then explain the reason it's running rampant in Africa. There goes that arguement into the wastebasket. People who have the idea that HIV is a homosexual issue are very dangerous. It allows the disease to spread because "it's a gay thing" whereas in actuality it's a threat to everybody.

I think it does tend to spread faster within a gay population but the statement suggests that it's a purely gay thing, which it is not.
The reason that it spreads faster in the gay community is that AIDS apparently spreads both ways when two people have **** sex. The chances of a guy getting AIDS from regular sex wtih a woman who has HIV is actually very slim. Also like I said from what I've seen from a year of being around a gay community, their attitudes towards sex are far more relaxed and multiple partner things aren't uncommon... as in they're far more common than heterosexual relationships. First of all, I think most of us can relate to how DIFFICULT it can be to get into a heterosexual relationship in the first place. Gays seem to have far less of this problem.

Either way it's a problem for everyone. Before people pull out the "God's way of disapproving gays," they should remember that God doesn't like stupid people either. And here on earth we are to treat all (well almost all lol) people well, and it's God's job to sort things out afterwards, not ours.
A bit like how it's the Mod's job to moderate, not ours. lol.

ADDED: And right, if those guys just get married... heck it might even just slow down the spread.

Saying that it spreads AIDS is not true, since gay people will sleep with each other anyways. If they are married they are likely to be less actvie with other people, right?

and to Joe252, I suggest you think before you post.

it was a JOKE....and HIV isnt just for homo's it is spreaded through rape by alot of people so i think

I think if they want to be legally married then let them... I see no harm in it, but I think that being married by a church is something different... if you want to be married in a religious way then you have to abide by that religion. But if they want to be married by law then let them....

If we gave homosexual marriages a different name with the same benefits for some reason, I doubt this would be such a big deal.

well, they cant be married in most religions, but they can be by law. i dont see the big problem really.

Hi,

and HIV isnt just for homo's it is spreaded through rape by alot of people so i think

What are you talking about :shock: ................... Consented unprotected Sex with Multiple partners is More consern ................. Rape and HIV are not that much related or should i say not much researched .

Problem is Some of the people having Sexualy transmitted Diseases don't know themselves that they have them ........... and become walking Spreaders before they know it.

I don't want to go into ethics of this But research Shows Homosexuality is much more natural phenomen .................. many Animal species have Known to Show Homosexual behaviour ................. and frankly i don't care who a person sleeps with in the privacy of his/her home .

If a person can live a happy and prosperous Life ................ be it .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Marriage is religous and most religions do not support same sex marriage. I am against it. Marriage is defined as a man and woman not man and man or woman and woman. Marriage is a sacred bond and by changing the definition to allow same sex we would be breaking that bond. We need to keep thing sthe way they are. I don't believe they should marry and if they do it shouldn't be under God's hand.

no one said all the churches must allow them to marry.... all they are asking is to be included in the leagal-secular definition of "married".

Well if they want to be married they can just don't call it Marriage cause marriage is religous call it a union or something like that. Marriage is between a man and woman and religous and can't be redifinded because God created it. If God wanted gay marriage why would he have created Adam and Eve why not Adam and Phil or Eve and Rebbeca? Marriage is a man and woman under God not anything else and if they change it that would be, I cant even come up with a word on how horrible it would be.

OutcastHuman said:
Marriage is religous and most religions do not support same sex marriage. I am against it. Marriage is defined as a man and woman not man and man or woman and woman. Marriage is a sacred bond and by changing the definition to allow same sex we would be breaking that bond. We need to keep thing sthe way they are. I don't believe they should marry and if they do it shouldn't be under God's hand.

thats why a "civil union" is a good option. it removes state descrimination and also provides legal recognition of a committed relationship....but it is NOT marriage.

you may want to have a flick through this website to see how we did it.

http://www.civilunions.org.nz/civilunions/

If the same sexes want to get married.. let them.

BUT on the marriage certificate, it should be written the gender of the wife and husband.

;)

I think you can throw religion as a reason to exclude them right out unless you want to enact some law that says atheists can't be married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back