Salve omnes

Endiminion

Hello all, I'm just introducing myself here. I like to research military history, so I will be looking into the military history forum. I study tacticts and weaponry in warfare. I am an entry level archer, not that great, but I have a great interest in archery. I have also been posting in the debates of mongolian bows vs english bows.

Salve to you too.. :)

Welcome to the forums.

Where are you from by the way=

Welcome to the message board, Endiminion, like Redleg, I'm very interested in knowing where you're from, not for any stalking issues, it's just, the topic title in another language and I only guess what French and Spanish stand for in English. *nods*

But hopefully we won't scare you *winks* away from our "mock UN," there are some debates that usually happen and mile long replies :oops: but I wouldn't know who that would be from ;)

jen.parabellum said:
the topic title in another language

I believe that Language would be Latin.. :)

Salve is from salveo : to be well, be in good health and/or salvus : safe, sound.
And Omnes from omnis : all, every.

So that would mean that he wishes all of us a safe/healthy life.. (If I'm not mistaken). :D

Redleg said:
So that would mean that he wishes all of us a safe/healthy life.. (If I'm not mistaken). :D

And I wish him one too!!!!! Welcome to our little corner of the universe...

CrazyCadet142 said:
Welcome to our little corner of the universe...

Then that would make me the Master of (our little corner of) the Universe... :firedevi:

Redleg, don't get too exited. It's still a small corner.. :twisted:

But welcome Endiminion! :D

Yes, that language is latin, I was taking it in high school, but I don't remember squat, I am from San Antonio, tx, by the way

ENRG said:
Redleg, don't get too exited. It's still a small corner.. :twisted:
No, let him think what he wants, i've never seen what an officer is like when has gone off the deep end.
What everyone else said.

Welcome from DFW area. Do you ever watch the program MAIL CALL on the History channel? I recently saw the Mongolian recurve bow and how it was made then compared to the longbow. Gunny always has weapons and a lot of Medieval types.

Back