A salute from Italia

alessandro.pirisinu

Hello everybody.

My name is Alessandro Pirisinu.

I'm 41 and I live in Sardinia, major Island of the Mediterranean sea.

I come from a family of military tradition: my grandfather fought the Second World War (in the Army); my old man was Air Traffic Controller in the Air Force: he served 37 (THIRTY SEVEN) years and now he's retired. I'm very proud of him.
He was in the most important air-training base of Europe: Decimomannu, the town where I lived up to the last year.

As to me, I was an officer in the Italian Army. I was Second Liutenant in the Antiaircraft Artillery. In 1993, I enlisted in the School of Artillery in Sabaudia (near Rome), I've been commissioned officer in january 1994 and completed my military service in Rimini (center of Italia) in the 18th Antiaircraft Artill. Rgt.:CG:

After my period in the Army, I graduated in Economics and now I'm a teacher of Maths in the High School and assistant professor of Geometry and Linear Algebra at the Department of Engineering of the University of Cagliari (major city of Sardinia).

Last month, I received a letter from the Central Military District: I have been promoted Lieutenenant and I'll be included in the Selected Reserve of the Italian Army.:m1::cheers:

I am very glad I have found this forum: I wanna say hello everybody from the most beautiful island in the world: Sardinia. I hope I'll meet many of you who are/were in Artillery.
I just wanna say I'm very proud to have served my Beloved Country, Italia, as a military.

Alex

Welcome...

And from another Air Traffic Controller, give your dad a hello from Canada.

Will do, Mr. Steliga!

My daddy always admired his Canadian Collegues: he says they are a specialty.

He was instructor of the air traffic controllers in Decimomannu: he trained and instructed people from Germany, USA, England... but he always remembers the Canadians' kindness and commitment to their Nation.

A great Ciao
Alex

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for your welcome.
It means:

Alenoor :wink:
Cne C :wink:
Team Infidel :wink:
Sevens :wink:
Systemlord :wink:
AFSteliga :wink:

THANK YOU!! Hope to catch you again somewhere in the forum. :bravo: