Saladin

Usefullidiot

I'm doing a research paper on Saladins life, basically a biography of Saladin. So I'm hoping you guys could hook me up with some good books, sites or personal opinions i could use in my paper.

Usefullidiot, Back in the Bronze age when I was a young man in my early twenty's I read a book on the political, military, and personal relationship between Saladin and Richard the Lion Hearted. For the life of me I cannot remember the title. If I do I will post again. It shouldn't be to hard to scan the net for this material. Good Luck Last note, Supposedly, these two liked each other immensly. Each accorded the other the title of noble warrior.

Of course this will only help if you write really slow papers.

Last edited:
he was an soldire in Damascus his father was ruler of baalbek
regardless of its origins he was Arab and went to egypt under the command of his uncle with a huge Military campaign against Egypt then he was sultan of egypt after his uncle died

I'm currently reading a book called Dungeon, Fire & Sword by John J Robinson. It doesn't focus on Saladin, it is mainly about the Templars, but it gives a good insight into the confused time in which he grew up & manages to keep the dramatis personae straight, good background stuff.

the book called Battles of the Crusades is good. It has some of his battles in it, not much personel information on him though in the book. dont know who its written by though, as the title cover isnt clear on the author.

Back