Safety's on guns - Page 2

--

December 17th, 2004  
AussieNick

*wiggles trigger finger*
That's my safety.

Dougal, whats wrong with the Steyr safety? Never had a single problem with it.
December 17th, 2004  
beardo

yeah but what happens if you drop it...the trigger isnt the only way a weapon can fire
December 17th, 2004  
AussieNick

If you drop it then you are a clumsy butter fingers and shouldn't be trusted with anything, not even a box of tissues.

As for what I was saying about my trigger finger. I mean you can't always trust a safety switch, hence keep your finger off the trigger until you know you want it to go bang and a bullet to come out the pointy end. Safety switches don't always work, we know this, so keeping your finger away from the trigger just helps a bit more.
--
December 17th, 2004  
EuroSpike

"Safety switches don't always work, we know this, so keeping your finger away from the trigger just helps a bit more."

You mean safety goes broken or you forget how to use it when the situation is on?
December 18th, 2004  
AussieNick

What I mean is safety switches can fail. So keeping your finger of the trigger is not tempting fate. If you walk around with your finger on the trigger confident that your safety switch will keep you safe, then your an idiot.
December 18th, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
What I mean is safety switches can fail. So keeping your finger of the trigger is not tempting fate. If you walk around with your finger on the trigger confident that your safety switch will keep you safe, then your an idiot.
The best cure for that is to train it good enough that won't fail. Of course if situation is on and real need to use weapon is expected, then always mechanical safety off. Touching trigger is forbidden always when no need to shoot and that is the first thing to train about weapon handling.
December 19th, 2004  
Locke

isnt there a saying along the lines of keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target.
iv never fired a gun but it seems like sound advice

its funny watching movies and seeing the actors running with guns and having their fingers inside the trigger guard... fools
December 24th, 2004  
EuroSpike

"isnt there a saying along the lines of keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target.
iv never fired a gun but it seems like sound advice"

Along the lines is the right word! Thanks, now it will get easier to explain.