Saddam Hussein Captured

My friend is from Syria so I think i could convince her if I had enough American news sources providing evidence of what she is not hearing on her Arabic Network News channels. If you ever want to fight someone that reads Michael Moore show them this website www.mooreexposed.com it is a site devoted to showing how little truth there actually is in any of Moore's documentaries.

Well her being from Syria (I assume she still resides there, if not, I'll fall back on my previous conclusion) kind of changes things. Most of those poor bastards are so brain-washed from birth that they have a very hard time coming up with opinions that are truly their own. One of my roommates last year grew up in Abu Dubai and another friend is Egyptian, and her parents, even though they obviously can't believe everything they seem to seeing as they emigrated to the U.S., still say some awefully tore up things about my country (which is now theirs' as well).
My suggestion still holds true, though, ask her to come up with something to back up her claims that is not hearsay or simply someone's opinion. If she does that and shows that she's willing to put effort into this, then I'll see what I can do to help you find something to counter her. And like I said, she needs to make some specific claims rather than the broad "America sucks and Bush is evil" type.

She said that the news reported American soldiers were looting people's houses. She saw a piece of video on the news where an American soldier went into some guy's house, dragged him out, beat him up, robbed him, and then shot the reporter who filmed it. By the way what kind of handgun do American soldiers use?

Mainly the M9 Beretta 9mm, but a Sig 9mm is also issued to some.

And that is just absurd. If the guy wanted to get rid of evidence, don't you think he'd have destroyed the tape, too? Dollars to donuts, it was one of those staged propaganda films made by Syria or in Saddam's Iraq. I saw one too, where an oddly enough all Arab "American" squad (in all manner of uniform, none of it being correct however) beat and sexually assaulted this pair of Iraqi women, while they filmed it for some crazy reason, oh yeah, I know why, because it wasn't real. Neither one of these tapes stands up to any amount of scrutiny or even basic logic.

By the way what kind of handgun do American soldiers use?

Standered is the M9 like Redneck said, although your Special Forces are gonna be found with older Colt .45's or HK Mark 23 "SOCOMS" (It's basically an HK .45 with some gadgets and the like)

Does any branch of the military use revolvers? If not when did they go out of service? Might be able to crack this thing yet. I also need to find an article that said the Iraqi forces were dressing up like American forces to fool the public. I know I read it before but I can't remember where. Anyone else read the news on WorldNetDaily?

Does any branch of the military use revolvers? If not when did they go out of service? Might be able to crack this thing yet. I also need to find an article that said the Iraqi forces were dressing up like American forces to fool the public. I know I read it before but I can't remember where. Anyone else read the news on WorldNetDaily?

Does any branch of the military use revolvers

Before 1911 we used a revolver as the standerd sidarm, until the Colt .45 beat it out. I dont think they've been used since.

Haha, well there you are. Unless it was Patton come back with his pearl-handled pistols, I'd have to say it wasn't an American. I read about that, too, diplomatic, but I saw it in the Sacramento Bee back before the war in an article about Saddam buying up thousands of U.S. Army issue BDUs. If I run across it again I'll let you know. Did she try to find anything on her own yet?

I don't know why it posted twice sorry about that. When did the M9 Baretta go into service? I found the Iraq ordering BDUs article finally. If anyoen can provide links to articles on Uday and Qusai's bad behavior that would be appreciated. I'm going to send her some links and explain a little abit about media bias and government propaganda. I think I will eventually get through to her.

diplomatic_means said:
I don't know why it posted twice sorry about that. When did the M9 Baretta go into service? I found the Iraq ordering BDUs article finally. If anyoen can provide links to articles on Uday and Qusai's bad behavior that would be appreciated. I'm going to send her some links and explain a little abit about media bias and government propaganda. I think I will eventually get through to her.

Here's acouple of stories from BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3093723.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3089379.stm

Search for Uday on CNN, BBC and other news sites and youæll find a lot more...

Model 9 Beretta went into effect in '85, and Patton's revolvers to my knowledge were vintage Colts from the Civil War, his grandfathers.

Saddam was an evil dictator who ruled Iraq too long, but he shouldn't be executed, execution is never good. I wonder what they'll give him, and what will happen to Usama bin Laden if they find him. :?

I would rather see him rot in prison, than getting a quick and easy death. (that would most probably make him a martyr and motivate more terrorists as well....)

Back