Saddam in his UnderWear

03USMC said:
MontyB said:
03USMC said:
Somebody printed a picture of Saddam in his undies. Violation of his rights? Yeah okay :roll:

Boo Freakin Hoo. Get over it.

Yes but I have no doubt you would feel differently if that was a US POW.

There ya go thinking again :roll: In case you've missed the way some US and UK POW's were trotted out in front the press during GWI. And in other conflicts. If being paraded around in their skivvies were the worst they got. They were lucky.

But for me the sawing off of heads kinda pales the whole Saddam Baby in his BVD's thing. Same way with the mass graves and gassing the Kurds thing.

So let me clarify

BOO Freakin HOO

very much agree, Saddam should be thankful he's not an american over in iraq, then he'd have something to complain about.

The question is do you support the rule of law, and international law states that this should not be done. So why take the pictures then publish them. Now it was not sanction from the from on high, so some one has decided to take these pictures of their bat and possible sell them. Now if Saddam is tried by an international court would you be pleased to see him get away with any crimes because of the crimes that had been committed against him by his accusers

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

Really great sense of priority you have there, Swordfish. Point the finger at the US over skivies but where's your sense of outrage about pictures of hostages having their heads lopped off? I haven't seen any posts from you about that.

Terrorists are Terrorists ............... They are Expected to Do things like that ............why else would we call them terrorists for ............. it's more about the So called Civilised world .

And About my Outrage and Priorities ........... For you this terrorism started on 9/11 ............ for us it has been there way before 9/11 and will remain after this so called war on terrorism ends.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

FYI, it states in the Geneva Convention that an enemy soldier not in countries uniform isn't a POW.

Look up terrorist in the dictionary, it states that a terrorist is someone who causes terror. You could even goes so far as to call the US terrorist, but thats going over the line.

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

If so it could be that they were leaked by a contractor hired by the US military and so I don't see how the Geneva Convention could be called on

It's called *Responsibility* ............. when he is under your Command ........... the people you hire or employ ............. you are responsible for their Action .............. it's under your Authority and you failed simple as that ............. it dosen't matter who failed you .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

So what happen to the U.S. POW's in WWII , and what happened to the U.S. POW's in Veitnam and what happened to the U.S. POW's in Desert Storm and what is currentlly happening to U.S. POW's doesn't matter? But when a picture Saddam in his lovely skivvies, your up in arms.

When is the last time a US soldier that was in captivity was treated in accordance with the Geneva convention, I belive it was world war 2 and only on one front. So who cares about the Geneva convention nobody follows it, and about this "civilized" crap, maybe its time we start fighting and stop giving these people free stays in 3 star american hotels, also known as POW camps.

the rules are only useful if they are followed and these days it seems people aren't interested in following them. one side will "act bad" (you know what i mean) and the other side will use the first sides infraction to justify its own actions as "they did it worse"
yes, the taking of his photo was an infraction of his rights, the reality is those same infractions are happening every day, all over the world, and what is being done about it? bugger all. in the end it comes down to does one country want to abide by a higher moral code and show themselves to be a true leader, or do they want to sink to the others level. though i get the feeling we may be waiting a while

Back