Saddam execution video draws criticism (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Grainy cell phone video of Saddam Hussein's execution triggered international criticism Tuesday, with Britain's deputy prime minister calling the leaked images "unacceptable" and the Vatican decrying the footage as a "spectacle" violating human rights.

More...

Both the British government and the Vatican should start by cleaning up their own back yards.

A non event.

I downloaded the film and played it on my TV with the laptop hooked up. All of my friends and I had a toast to his room temperature dead corp.

Excuuusssssse meeeeeee all to h*ll ....... the ONLY way some people will believe that Saddam is really dead, is to see clips showing the actual hanging in such a way as to 'prove' the clip isn't just another 'Hollywood' production.

As far as the Vatican (or) any other world leader or politician putting in their two cents worth ... big frigging deal ------ the Vatican, the UN and the rest of the world's politicians really need to clean up their own backyards before they stick their oars into this one.

History tells us just how clean the hands of those who squeal the loudest are - hypocritical response wouldn't you agree?

you know what i find as BS.. A :cen: holes complain about this video about a LEGAL execution, but what about all of the insurgent videos of American troops getting killed or beheaded? I don't see a public outcry for those videos. to heck with the damn media and their damn agenda.

My vote.. SHOW MORE soldiers and marines killing damn insurgents and hangings of former Bathe party members. bring it all on.

What the media should be complaining about is the poor quality of the video. The man should have been given a decent camera at least and had the audio dubbed in English, and perhaps a raised vantage point so that the camera wasn't jostled so much.

Saddam deserved far worse.

you know what i find as BS.. A :cen: holes complain about this video about a LEGAL execution, but what about all of the insurgent videos of American troops getting killed or beheaded? I don't see a public outcry for those videos. to heck with the damn media and their damn agenda.

My vote.. SHOW MORE soldiers and marines killing damn insurgents and hangings of former Bathe party members. bring it all on.

American Troops were Beheaded Major? I had not heard that, I know Mercs are beheaded from time to time, but they have nothing to do with the United States Military.

Yes Gator, they do behead uniformed enlisted US soldiers who have nothing to do with merc's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/20/AR2006062000242.html

The two victims, Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Tucker, were members of the 101st Airborne division abducted by al Qaeda in Iraq. A third soldier died in the attack.
Their bodies were later recovered not far from where they had been kidnapped. The US military now says that their corpses were found tied together with a bomb between them. Three roadside bombs were planted around the bodies. The bodies had been decapitated.
The video bears the logo of al Qaeda in Iraq. Contrary to reports by al Qaeda, the video appears to show that the two soldiers were already dead before at least one of them was beheaded.
After a brief introdcuction with an image and the voice of Osama bin Laden, the video shows the two dead soldiers lying on a bridge. Both are already dead. One of the men has already been beheaded, the other man is dead. An al Qaeda member holds the severed head of one of the dead soldiers. One of the two soldiers appear to have been shot, the other has multiply wounds but appears to have also been hit by an explosive. The video also blurs out one of the dead men’s genitels, apparently al Qaeda believes showing that would be over-the-top. Later, an image of the now dead leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al Zarqawi, is superimposed over the film. Zarqawi had personally murdered several people by beheading and then released those films on the internet.
The entire video has a voice over of what sounds like Abu Musab al Zaraqawi–but it could be the new al Qaeda leader in Iraq calling Muslims to jihad. A nasheed, or Islamic jihad song, can also be heard in the background.

Yes Gator, they do behead uniformed enlisted US soldiers who have nothing to do with merc's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/20/AR2006062000242.html

The two victims, Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Tucker, were members of the 101st Airborne division abducted by al Qaeda in Iraq. A third soldier died in the attack.​

Their bodies were later recovered not far from where they had been kidnapped. The US military now says that their corpses were found tied together with a bomb between them. Three roadside bombs were planted around the bodies. The bodies had been decapitated.​

The video bears the logo of al Qaeda in Iraq. Contrary to reports by al Qaeda, the video appears to show that the two soldiers were already dead before at least one of them was beheaded.​

After a brief introdcuction with an image and the voice of Osama bin Laden, the video shows the two dead soldiers lying on a bridge. Both are already dead. One of the men has already been beheaded, the other man is dead. An al Qaeda member holds the severed head of one of the dead soldiers. One of the two soldiers appear to have been shot, the other has multiply wounds but appears to have also been hit by an explosive. The video also blurs out one of the dead men’s genitels, apparently al Qaeda believes showing that would be over-the-top. Later, an image of the now dead leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al Zarqawi, is superimposed over the film. Zarqawi had personally murdered several people by beheading and then released those films on the internet.​

The entire video has a voice over of what sounds like Abu Musab al Zaraqawi–but it could be the new al Qaeda leader in Iraq calling Muslims to jihad. A nasheed, or Islamic jihad song, can also be heard in the background.​

Well Padre, I read that Post story, and seems the United States Military called the report of Beheading not credible.

The Mujaheddin al-Shura Council, a collection of several insurgent groups including al-Qaeda in Iraq, claimed in an Internet statement to have "slaughtered" the two soldiers, suggesting they were beheaded. The group, which had vowed revenge on U.S. forces following the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi this month, claimed on Monday to have abducted the two privates.
Asked Tuesday if the Internet statements were credible, Caldwell responded: "Absolutely not," and added that based on "preliminary analysis" there was "no reason to believe" the group's claims.

I think you have desecration of a body confused with killing someone by chopping thier head off with a knife or sword.

Here's my opinion on this story.
Despite everything he'd done, at the end he was simply an old, son-less man, imprisoned for, what, 2, 3 years? I would have been perfectly fine with letting him live, in light of his rhetoric involving having the sunni extremists back off from their paramilitary actions.

He definitly get's a few respect points for his finals words, directed toward the pieces of trash insulting him at his own execution. "Is this how you show your bravery as men? As Arabs?"

Anyway, I sure as hell wouldn't have had him executed in such manner and circumstance as happened, that 'episode' reek's of many things, but justice is not one of them

Well Padre, I read that Post story, and seems the United States Military called the report of Beheading not credible.

I think you have desecration of a body confused with killing someone by chopping thier head off with a knife or sword.

Interesting find Gator. What's the link and date of your preferred account of the methods of homocide of the US soldiers? Might help us determine the last official version of what happened to these particular soldiers.

Interesting find Gator. What's the link and date of your preferred account of the methods of homocide of the US soldiers? Might help us determine the last official version of what happened to these particular soldiers.

Padre, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. You were the one who stated that you knew how the US Soldiers in question died, not I. I also doubt you were there with them in the final seconds of their life, but I did not ask for an official report from your Government about the events.
And I'm not bound by any Religious Conviction, such as yourself, to love all manner of people, and I do not have to have respect for the different faiths. As such, I do not like Iraqi Nationals, I do not like any Iraqi Nationals.
I personally believe Americans automatically have a greater right to life than any and all other life forms on this Earth, and I personally view Iraqis near the bottom of the list of humans and rights to life, at this point in time.

Thanks Gator, but what I was curious about was the date and link of your post so as to compare it to other records. Normally the later dated reports have the accurate story whereas early ones are hyperbole or speculation.

In the end, the soldiers may not have been decapitated and so your argument above against Team Infidel would be justified. I, like TI, have believed that there were instances of US soldiers being beheaded and I found one reliable source for that and posted it. Now I respectfully wait for yours.

Thanks Gator, but what I was curious about was the date and link of your post so as to compare it to other records. Normally the later dated reports have the accurate story whereas early ones are hyperbole or speculation.

In the end, the soldiers may not have been decapitated and so your argument above against Team Infidel would be justified. I, like TI, have believed that there were instances of US soldiers being beheaded and I found one reliable source for that and posted it. Now I respectfully wait for yours.

I asked the Major a question, thinking that perhaps he had some official report from the DoD.
After reading your report from a News Paper I got the impression that the DoD was not convinced that the Troop was killed by being Beheaded, and I do not view apocryphal acts against US Forces in a combat zone as being good things to point out, because another Troop may take it upon him or herself to go out and chop someones head off in reprisal, or worse, and perhaps get into trouble over the whole thing.

I watched the video on youtube, it is in no way graphic or disturbing as CNN had made it out to be mere minutes eariler. First off, you don't actually see Saddam die, there's a loud commotion, then he drops and the person holding the phone starts going all over the place for about 12 seconds then you see saddam lying dead on the floor. The viewer does not see or hear the neck break, in that sense I was rather disappointed.

As for the people CNN interviewed and said the video was disturbing, I have to tell myself "Oh yeah, they're from New York, that explains it." I'll let you decide where to go from there.

Back