sad/heroic stories?

DerK

i am doing a report on specific military experiences. i am looking for any sad or heroic war stories. however, i ask that you please use euphemistic language. ("passed away" instead of "died" etc..)

Maybe you will get some takers on this but I am not one of them.

In my world, if you don´t even have the intestinal fortitude to read the word died you are not entitled to hear any stories at all.
Never mind warstories.

But I guess that is why most accounts of bravery never gets heard.
The ones doing the deeds seldom talk about it.
The ones that hear them can rarely relate.

If you want fiction, just read Bravo Two Zero and be done with it.

//KJ.

What KJ said but.......

When I was a young Lcpl I got tapped for guard duty on New Years eve. Saddly I missed the party my boys went to and guarded the armory all thru that chilly rainy night.

Heroically my boys with great risk to their own safety and well being......saved me a six pack.

What KJ said but.......

When I was a young Lcpl I got tapped for guard duty on New Years eve. Saddly I missed the party my boys went to and guarded the armory all thru that chilly rainy night.

Heroically my boys with great risk to their own safety and well being......saved me a six pack.

and nobody died, right?

Can I contribute? I felt really bad once about killing a deer in Germany with a 25mm Chain Gun at 1,000 meters (a damn fine shot by the way). Did I say "killing" I mean the deer "passed away"!

We are just ribbing you Derk about your choice of words.

I'm sure folks want to help you in your project. But you need to be more specific in what you are looking for.

and nobody died, right?

I was I could say that was true.......sadly six died sir. All six oddly enough were were named San Miguel and they died horrific deaths at my hands in the Company B rec room that New Years morning. They put up a good fight but six San Miguels were no match for one young Marine.

I was I could say that was true.......sadly six died sir. All six oddly enough were were named San Miguel and they died horrific deaths at my hands in the Company B rec room that New Years morning. They put up a good fight but six San Miguels were no match for one young Marine.

I hope mr S Miguel were treated according to all the proper conventions before his passing?
You know it´s against the geneva convention to wringe the head of your captives right MSG?

:mrgreen:

As per the report written by Amnesty International:

The six San Miguel brothers were bound together with a milky colored plastic device that fit around their necks tightly and gave them no ability to move around. Breathing was very difficult. They were tortured for days inside a meat refrigerator before being pulled out mercilessly by one of the Marines. They were hidden and taken to a US military base where they were torn from the plastic device.
The San Miguel brothers gasped in horror as one Marine picked one of them up and ripped off the top of his head before drinking all of his blood within seconds. The Marine then unceremoniously crushed the limp body of the first San Miguel brother and threw him violently into a dumpster. The remaining San Miguel brothers pleaded for mercy but one by one suffered the same fate.
The next morning another Marine tied up the trash bag that contained the drained and crushed bodies of the San Miguel brothers. The Marine Corps cashed in on the massacre by selling back the remains of the San Miguel brothers for 5 cents per head.

I hope mr S Miguel were treated according to all the proper conventions before his passing?
You know it´s against the geneva convention to wringe the head of your captives right MSG?

:mrgreen:

Hey I had no choice, I'd already secured my rifle in the Arms Room I was unarmed and unsupported,my boys being walking wounded from the night before and of little use. It was do or die and I did what I had to do!

13TH Amnesty can say what they want, I have no regrets. Just glad they didn't find ouy about Pohang and the Company sized element of OB supported by a couple Sujo's that was ugly!

Back