S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Shadow of Chernobyl

i played it...for quite a while.

it's a great idea, but the bugginess of the version i played let it down

in saying that i think it's well worth the purchase

it's a great idea, but the bugginess of the version i played let it down
Yeah, I had some bugs too. At first - regular bug in the base of `Duty` fraction while trying speak with one of leaders of the `Duty` clan. Second bug (somewhere explained as effect of `radiation disease` despite I had top anti-radiation protection) - decrease of speed while running with effect of limp occurring. Third - I lost all my saves, they just failed to load in the moment...

I had a lot of fun with this game the first time through. The atmosphere of the Zone is really amazing. Truly feels like a desolate wasteland where strange things are going down. I don't really like how the weapons work; I'd prefer a bit more realism with regard to accuracy and damage. Back when the game was first announced the impression I got was that they were going to push it to tactical shooter levels of realism, but they didn't. They also said there were going to be drivable cars and APCs and such. It is a little buggy, but it's nothing I can't get over. I found the broken NPC speech endearing.

The first time through, I was aligned with Freedom and tried to be fair. This playthrough I intend to be totally evil - kill everyone I possibly can for no reason.

Back