S. Korea-US Agree to Strengthen Military Cooperation

powerfulguy

http://www.arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.asp?nseq=110058&code=Ne2&category=2Seoul and Washington agreed to refine South Korea's countermeasures against regional provocations on the Korean peninsula, and to jointly carry out a firm response should North Korea act out in the future.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Seoul's Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff General Han Min-koo and his visiting US counterpart, Admiral Mike Mullen, announced the plans for the South Korean military to oversee military operation with support from Washington and the Combined Forces Command.
The top brass from both sides harshly denounced the North's November 23rd Yeonpyong attack, urging the regime to promptly halt its aggressive acts which threaten regional stability.

[Interview : Han Min-koo, Chairman
S. Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff] "South Korea and the United States will strengthen our combined efforts to deter additional North Korean provocations and a possible war."

Admiral Mullen was also asked about South Korean Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin's recent comments on exercising self-defense and conducting an air strike in retaliation of any initial attack by Pyeongyang.

[Interview : Mike Mullen, Chairman
US Joint Chiefs of Staff] "Your readiness to defend your territory and your citizens is unmistakable and my country's commitment to helping you do that is unquestioned."

Seoul and Washington reaffirmed their strong strategic alliance, pledging to continue conducting joint military exercises as a means to effectively deter North Korea's belligerence.
Choi You-sun, Arirang News.

Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs of Republic of Korea and the United States of America both agreed to respond with aggressiveness and clarity to exercise the right of self-defense in case of Another North Korean provocation. What an appropriate response it was.
North Korean provocation does not limit itself inside the Korean peninsula. It is a serious threat that could potentially endanger the global peace. Therefore, the agreement between the two chairmen has a significant meaning.
In order to prevent North Korea from committing more violent provocations, all nations including ROK and the US must cooperate and work together.

How silly are these people in power...

I really want to know how this kind of things happens, does a North Korean leader wake up in the morning "oh, I have an idea, let's call an artillery strike on South Korea for fun..."

Or is there a story behind? Or maybe that they play cards, and if they have 4 aces, they torpedo a boat... Or maybe to impress some lady "do you see the big metal boat over there? I will make it disappear..."

@LeMask;

I have a decent number of friends from Korea and they all have said the same thing. To solidify the next leader of the country they try and rally the military around the next leader. Same, thing happend with our good ole boy Kim. Now that he has gotten old and wants his son to take over he is trying to show the streangth of his son. Of coarse it is no suprise then that right after military actions from North Korea the son shows up and tries to unite their soldiers.

@LeMask;

I have a decent number of friends from Korea and they all have said the same thing. To solidify the next leader of the country they try and rally the military around the next leader. Same, thing happend with our good ole boy Kim. Now that he has gotten old and wants his son to take over he is trying to show the streangth of his son. Of coarse it is no suprise then that right after military actions from North Korea the son shows up and tries to unite their soldiers.

This is correct.

Back