S. Korea says will develop combat robots

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Source:AFP

SEOUL (AFP) -South Korea announced it was developing highly sophisticated combat robots that could complement the roles of human soldiers on battlefields.

The ministries of defence and information and communication approved a joint project worth 32.4 million dollars to develop the robot system by 2011.

Tentative designs released at a meeting of science ministers here showed three different types of robots that look like a sphinx without wings.

Equipped with six or eight wheels or legs, they would be capable of walking or running through rough terrain.

Armed with weapons and sensors, the robots could be put to combat missions or dangerous tasks such as detecting mines, the ministries said.

The ministries said they will also invest some 30 million dollars to develop surveillance sensor networks by 2010.

capt.sge.jxn88.210905145324.photo00.photo.default-305x336.jpg

^
This tentative designs released by the South Korean Defence Ministry show three different types of robots equipped with six or eight wheels or legs. South Korea is developing a highly sophisticated combat robot system that can complement the roles of human soldiers in battle fields, the government said.(AFP/HO)

Peace
-=SF_13=- :peace:

We already have robots only slightly less advanced than that, so yeh they probally can.

Do you have any links of where i can see our prototypes? weird looking robot, sort of like a dog with a .50 on it's back :p
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Back