Russia's Putin urges US to scrap trade barriers (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Friday praised President Barack Obama's decision to scrap plans for a missile defense system in Europe and urged the U.S. to also cancel Cold War-era restrictions on trade with Russia.

More...

Yeah we'll probably.end up appeasing him on trade too. Wouldn't offend no one. Unless of course they are our allies.

Allies are safe and easy to piss off. Also most of them don't have nuclear ICBMs.
Considering what the US is doing now, a LOT of countries should consider obtaning nuclear weapons.

Safe and easy to piss off..........right up to the point when your all by yourself and none of your "friends" give damn.

Were I an "ally" of the US I'd be putting some contingency plans together. I'd be afraid that the support wouldn't be coming.

Precisely.
Stock up on the MREs and get those excavators working double shift!

Man what is up with US foreign policy these days? It's like on 9/11 the ugly face of the world knocked on America's door and since then it hasn't been able to act like a normal country.

The former policy lacked diplomacy and lacked tact. Probably because despite years of waarning and intel that not only was a terrorist attack possible it was probable the US took no real measures. That lead to a knee jerk with us or against us stance.

The current policy is one of appeasement and nonconfrontational pollyannaism. If you spout enough anti-american rhetoric we'll give you what you want.

Sucks to be our allies......sorry guys.

Yeah increasingly America supporters in these allied countries are finding themselves in very difficult positions.
And no country can go it alone.
Screwed.

Back