Russia's government bailing out MIG

rock45

It seems Russia's government is bailing out MIG and will order some D model Fulcrums or other wise known as the Mig-29K to help the troubled company along. The K model has folding wings for carrier use plus the newer engines and radar. I read at a different source this week that Russia's government bought all remaining weapons stocks for the Fulcrums from the different sub-companies that make them. I think this is to support the ex-Algerian SMT model being bought but can assume they would work on most Fulcrums. The SMT Fulcrums will be the first new Fulcrums to enter the Russian AF since almost cold war time. It took a rejection for this to happen but it couldn't have come at a better time since almost 200+ Russian Fulcrums are still grounded.

By ordering the naval version K or D model Fulcrum to me shows their normal production line isn't operational, the K models were produced at a different production line.

We live in the time of bail out and not just from the US either.

Russian state to order naval fighters to support MiG company

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20090211/120095365.html

MIG

It would a shame if they closed their doors but it seems Russia just can't support two main fighters. Those ex-Algerian Fulcrums have been in Russia for months some never left yet there still not operational yet.

I think there are many more problems with Russia's air force and military in general, then people know. So many projects seem to float with no or little direction and nobody seems to be held accountable either it's so strange to me.

I think miss management by government is Russia's worse enemy and sadly I do feel MIG will fail. They let there current Fulcrum fleet go to waste as well the production lines, skilled workers manning them, etc, why would they save it now for? The new "all in one company" if just fluff still only a handful of exportable products or equipment has a chance to be created. They make it sound like all the heads of these companies are under one roof and working together. Most have been scaled down to begin with and are a shells of what they were 20 years ago and the few getting a chance have a marketable item or two are getting a little help. MIG is a late joiner and are already in the red by a sizable amount. I guess time will tell but it looks bad for MIG.

Frankly, though I love thier airplanes, Im pleased with this as at least I wont get bombed by some advanced version of the Fulcrum next time i have to deal with syrians.

Sherman you have a way with words a good way to start off my Saturday.
icon10.gif

Frankly, though I love thier airplanes, Im pleased with this as at least I wont get bombed by some advanced version of the Fulcrum next time i have to deal with syrians.

When was the last time a Syrian Mig dropped any bombs on Israeli troops? :? It hardly seems likely to happen in the future.

The situation resemble similar to F-22 Raptor :) , but in second part question consist of reasonability.
I think miss management by government is Russia's worse enemy and sadly I do feel MIG will fail.
Не спеши ты нас хоронить ) Do not hurry us bury.

I don't get the "The situation resemble similar to F-22 Raptor" with dealing with the F-22 really.

Do not hurry us bury.
The government has never supported it (Fulcrum) like the Flanker it's political, the company's been going down for years, sadly.

The Pentagon intends to refuse of the F-22 production. Raptor is very expensive. Now are more interesting hearworks pilotless vehicle... such as Predator. Naturally that Lockheed Martin will suffer colossal loss.
The government has never supported it (Fulcrum) like the Flanker it's political, the company's been going down for years, sadly.
Let's will be buy aircraft from NATO :crybaby: ;)))))))

Last edited:
Back