Russians to enter Chechnya

I dont really think that is enough infromation to base any theories..

Probably Russia would go to Chechenya, then once they are done they go to Georgia and pay Saakshavili another visit.

Probably Russia would go to Chechenya, then once they are done they go to Georgia and pay Saakshavili another visit.

That would be a bad idea, given that NATO has said that Georgia (and Ukraine) will be joining at some point. And yes, this has happened since the previous Russian invasion. You really want to start a NATO-Russia shooting war over Georgia, of all places?

That would be a bad idea, given that NATO has said that Georgia (and Ukraine) will be joining at some point. And yes, this has happened since the previous Russian invasion. You really want to start a NATO-Russia shooting war over Georgia, of all places?

Hey, im not saying its a good idea, but NATO and friends are pissing Russia off with that missile defense shield, knowing the Kremlin they would do something stupid to piss NATO off.

Would this actuation destabilize that country, wouldn't it? I mean after the past conflicts, isn't the region still recovering of them?

Would this actuation destabilize that country, wouldn't it? I mean after the past conflicts, isn't the region still recovering of them?

Which country, Georgia, Chechnya, Poland or Russia?

I dont think it would really destabilise the country, I mean last year the Russians were all high and happy because they were at war with Georgia.

I'm was referring to Chechnya, aren't the Chechens in the process of rebuild their own country, are they? Or there had been attacks to Russia?

Well, if Russia was planning to attack then there wont be much left for Chechnya to rebuild.

And I dont think Medvedev/Putin really cares wether Chechnya is trying to get better or not.

Nato is on the wrong side of the Georgia-Russia thing. Those people want to be Russians. What, we only support self-determination when it is politically expedient?

Actually that would be the case...
There's always the line you have to walk between what's necessarily right and backing your buddies..

Nato is on the wrong side of the Georgia-Russia thing. Those people want to be Russians. What, we only support self-determination when it is politically expedient?

I dont think Putin really cares if they want to or dont want to be Russian.

Just my point of view.

NATO isn´t going to war with Russia over Georgia..
Not in this lifetime.

Russia had a rather hard time last time they visited Grozny.
They had to tell the world that they only used Tier 2 forces after they had tucked tail and ran away...

But I think to blame that and only that is Russia just looking to find a scapegoat in the fiasco. I wouldn't be surprised if their failure was far deeper than just sending in tanks without infantry.

What year did it actually happen? Early 1990's?

I doubt that the incident that happened there was nearly as bad as the embarassment Yeltsin and his vodka brought to Russia.

As the saying goes:

"Ill be on you faster than Boris Yeltsin on a glass of vodka!"

Back