Russian Weapons.

However, there is always a possibility of the cheap and assymmetric answer to a complex, powerful and sophisticated weapon...

Defintetely, burning tires makes laser guided bombs useless.

I rember rumsfeild being asked this and responding "We hit GPS jammers with GPS guided munitions."

And your sure Rumsfield was telling the truth? The Bush admin has pretty made a total of mess of the Iraq war, with all their 1/2. 1/4 and 1/100ths of truth. I support the war, but the whole Bush whitehouse has been telling none truths for a very long time.

In regards to the PKM VS M-60 question.
There is very little difference between these type of 7.62mm weapon.
The biggest draw back with the PKM is the lack of a foregrip (which is the same problem as the FN MAG-58). The M-60 is a better weapon for the patrolling soldier, or one doing fire and movement.

Technically though, they are just big heavy dumb weapons.

AussieNick said:
The biggest draw back with the PKM is the lack of a foregrip (which is the same problem as the FN MAG-58). The M-60 is a better weapon for the patrolling soldier, or one doing fire and movement.

Some of you may also have your opinions about the ammo belts used by the two weapons PKM and M60. AFAIK M60 uses the disintegrating ammo belt while PKM does not, atleast Im not aware of such. When I used blanks on PKM the they had a nasty tendency to fall off from the belt causing me to wonder seconds later why it didn't go Bang, no such problem with live ammo though:smile:

boris116 said:
Probably, we were watching different channels:))

I am not saying that these jammers have made a difference then.
However, there is always a possibility of the cheap and assymmetric answer to a complex, powerful and sophisticated weapon...
Like roadside bomb or suicidal bomber...

Yeah you have a point, now get morbid and stack up the body counts

I agree with you aussienick, they both have their advantages and disadvantages, but they are both big dumb weapons, give me my C9/Minimi/M249 or rifle any day.:m16:

Back