This is how to handle an expensive problem. You don't have to feed them,
clothe them, house them, guard them, pay for an attorney, tie up a courtroom
& Judge. In fact burial at sea is the cheapest way to rid the world of their
likes.

This gets a little too long once they get to the night scenes, but the
message is clear.

RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALI PIRATES

How about that - The Russians captured the Pirates, tied them up, put them
on the boats, then set them all on fire - puff no more Pirates!

NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BS HERE!

This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly
after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union Navy
that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there
could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a
fishing boat". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If
you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somali
pirates. The Russians are brutal.

click on this link...http://www.true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html

Maybe our cops and system should note some points from this episode....These were the pirates they killed....here in India the terrorist( Mumbai attacker,2008) who was captured for killing innocent people is getting a fair trial,some million dollars have been spent for his security,a lawyer hired for him,now pakistani lawyers are coming to defend him,all this after he was caught red handed and his acts captured on cctv.

I saw this video when it first came out. I thought it very interesting that very few of the pirates - including the wounded guy - appeared to me Somali. Most of them in the opening minutes of video looked to be Indian or Pakistani...

I wonder if it would not have been more prudent to keep the pirates alive for a more thorough interrogation, rather than playing Horatio Hornblower...

I saw this video when it first came out. I thought it very interesting that very few of the pirates - including the wounded guy - appeared to me Somali. Most of them in the opening minutes of video looked to be Indian or Pakistani...

It doesn't matter if they were from Outer Mongolia or the Virgin islands, they are, or rather were pirates. They deserved all they got.

I wonder if it would not have been more prudent to keep the pirates alive for a more thorough interrogation, rather than playing Horatio Hornblower...

A message has been sent to other pirates as to what they can expect.

I think that you will find the title says Captures Pirates, and Destroys their vessel.

There is absolutely no implication that the Russkies killed the pirates. I think that if you care to follow it up the pirates were dealt with according to International law.

I think the Russians made their point!

I only wish every bleeding heart, liberal “pacifist” in the world would see this - we might get lucky and some of them would die from heart attacks.

Wow. Umm...Yeah. :horsie: is clearly in force.

"Reacting" to pirates is the stupidest way to fight them. The only way to fight and end pirates permanently is to find their bases, and destroy them and their equipment. This requires a little, bitty thing called "intelligence".

When you board a "Somali pirate boat", and find that >1/2 of its crew are non-Somali, that would tend to indicate that there might just be a wider ring of operations that you would need to look at...And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians...

This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War....Or, if actual "research" is too time-consuming, you might try starting HERE:read:.....

...Wow.

Last edited:
Wow. Umm...Yeah. :horsie: is clearly in force.

A nice horsie is clearly in force?

"Reacting" to pirates is the stupidest way to fight them. The only way to fight and end pirates permanently is to find their bases, and destroy them and their equipment. This requires a little, bitty thing called "intelligence".

I couldn't agree more sunbeam, try getting the various governments around the world to agree to it.

When you board a "Somali pirate boat", and find that >1/2 of its crew are non-Somali, that would tend to indicate that there might just be a wider ring of operations that you would need to look at...And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians...

So what? Play with fire, expect to get burned. I don't care if the Russians did sink the buggers with their boat, or shot them or sent them to Siberia or hung them up by their goolies. I simply don't give a toss.

This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War....Or, if actual "research" is too time-consuming, you might try starting HERE:read:.....

...Wow.

You are an expert researcher are you? I cannot wait to see your future posts, it'll save me hours and hours of fruitless searches. The Sri Lanken Navy went to destroy the Aussie Navy? Did their rowers run out of steam? Mind you I'd be tired after 1400 nm, I'd be tired after 200 yards.

What does it say on that :read:? It's too small to read.

Last edited:
...I simply don't give a toss.

Then why post?

You are an expert researcher are you? I cannot wait to see your future posts, it'll save me hours and hours of fruitless searches. The Sri Lanken Navy went to destroy the Aussie Navy? Did their rowers run out of steam? Mind you I'd be tired after 1400 nm, I'd be tired after 200 yards.

Did you even both to read what I wrote? Apparently not. :sarc:

What does it say on that :read:? It's too small to read.

Hmm - magnifying glass, maybe?

Then why post?

Because I can

Did you even both to read what I wrote? Apparently not. :sarc:
This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War...

Sorry mate, but it made as much sense as an ash tray on a motorbike.:rolleyes: The Sri Lankan Navy tried to destroy the Aussie Navy? Why? Did an Aussie upset them by calling someone "Ya bloody Drongo"? I take it they didn't manage to do it because I saw Sea Patrol HMAS Hammersley on TV recently.:CG:

Hmm - magnifying glass, maybe?

I reckon an electron microscope would be a better bet,:type: but I don't have one on hand.:crybaby:

:rockin: Begins to sing "HOME, HOME ON THE RANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

:pirate: Help help a pirate, someone call the Russian Navy.

Last edited:
Oh. I see. My sincerest apologies -- you have nothing of value to say, and I mistook your comments for an attempt at something worthwhile.

Sorry for my error. You run along, and have fun with that.

Oh. I see. My sincerest apologies -- you have nothing of value to say, and I mistook your comments for an attempt at something worthwhile.

Apology accepted old chap. By your comment
"And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians..."
I take it you would like to see the pirate's tucked up in nice warm beds and waited on hand and foot.

Again, apology accepted. However, if you want to make stupid comments, expect the same in return, Ya bloody drongo.

Apology accepted old chap.

By your comment
"And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians..."

I take it you would like to see the pirate's tucked up in nice warm beds and waited on hand and foot instead of being treated like the murdering bastards they are? Are you a bleeding heart liberal by any chance?

When you board a "Somali pirate boat", and find that >1/2 of its crew are non-Somali, that would tend to indicate that there might just be a wider ring of operations that you would need to look at...

Dunno if you have been through the South China Sea or the Straits of Malacca recently, don't look now, but word has it, there are pirates there too. Could they be co-operating with each other or could they be dodgy bastards getting in on the action? What do you suggest? Send secret squirrel to get the intel?

This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War...

I ask again, why would they want to destroy the RAN? If that is what you are saying. The Sri Lankan civil war has been going on for yonks. I've better things to do with my time then research Sri Lanka and their little disagreement with each other.

You have apologised once already, there is no need to keep doing so.

Last edited:
There's a movie about that raid (this IS the one where the Russian Marines free the tanker "Moscow University", yes?), called "22 Minutes"
22-minuty-film-2013.jpg

Another fun fact: Vladimir Leshtaev, a young Marine who participated in that operation, was elected Man of the Year by readers of a women's magazine in his home republic of Khakassia, in Siberia
24384017.jpg

"A true defender" :D

Leshtaev was a hero in that raid. He personally killed a pirate and wounded two or three others in a firefight. Then-President Medvedev personally awarded him the Order of Courage
4833512.jpg

Didn't take too long for him to fall from grace though. This year, Leshtaev and another player from the local amateur hockey team in Khakassia he'd been playing with since left the service, got busted for dealing drugs (hashish).
http://www.kp.ru/daily/26027/2945765/

He could go to prison now... Amazing how just about anyone can be corrupted these days...

Back