The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates




 
--
The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates
 
February 1st, 2012  
LeEnfield
 
 

Topic: The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates


The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates
This is how to handle an expensive problem. You don't have to feed them,
clothe them, house them, guard them, pay for an attorney, tie up a courtroom
& Judge. In fact burial at sea is the cheapest way to rid the world of their
likes.

This gets a little too long once they get to the night scenes, but the
message is clear.


RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALI PIRATES

How about that - The Russians captured the Pirates, tied them up, put them
on the boats, then set them all on fire - puff no more Pirates!

NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BS HERE!

This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly
after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union Navy
that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there
could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded
pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a
fishing boat". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If
you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy
Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the
pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and
exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any
court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of
the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the
right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somali
pirates. The Russians are brutal.

click on this link...http://www.true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
February 1st, 2012  
zhaldev
 
 
Maybe our cops and system should note some points from this episode....These were the pirates they killed....here in India the terrorist( Mumbai attacker,2008) who was captured for killing innocent people is getting a fair trial,some million dollars have been spent for his security,a lawyer hired for him,now pakistani lawyers are coming to defend him,all this after he was caught red handed and his acts captured on cctv.
February 2nd, 2012  
BritinBritain
 
 
Treating pirates with kid gloves is counter productive, treat them the same as the Russians do.
--
The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates
March 4th, 2012  
Clinkerbuilt
 
 
I saw this video when it first came out. I thought it very interesting that very few of the pirates - including the wounded guy - appeared to me Somali. Most of them in the opening minutes of video looked to be Indian or Pakistani...

I wonder if it would not have been more prudent to keep the pirates alive for a more thorough interrogation, rather than playing Horatio Hornblower...
March 4th, 2012  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
I saw this video when it first came out. I thought it very interesting that very few of the pirates - including the wounded guy - appeared to me Somali. Most of them in the opening minutes of video looked to be Indian or Pakistani...
It doesn't matter if they were from Outer Mongolia or the Virgin islands, they are, or rather were pirates. They deserved all they got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
I wonder if it would not have been more prudent to keep the pirates alive for a more thorough interrogation, rather than playing Horatio Hornblower...
A message has been sent to other pirates as to what they can expect.
March 4th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
I think that you will find the title says Captures Pirates, and Destroys their vessel.

There is absolutely no implication that the Russkies killed the pirates. I think that if you care to follow it up the pirates were dealt with according to International law.
March 4th, 2012  
muscogeemike
 
I think the Russians made their point!

I only wish every bleeding heart, liberal “pacifist” in the world would see this - we might get lucky and some of them would die from heart attacks.
March 4th, 2012  
Clinkerbuilt
 
 
Wow. Umm...Yeah. is clearly in force.

"Reacting" to pirates is the stupidest way to fight them. The only way to fight and end pirates permanently is to find their bases, and destroy them and their equipment. This requires a little, bitty thing called "intelligence".

When you board a "Somali pirate boat", and find that >1/2 of its crew are non-Somali, that would tend to indicate that there might just be a wider ring of operations that you would need to look at...And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians...

This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War....Or, if actual "research" is too time-consuming, you might try starting HERE.....

...Wow.
March 5th, 2012  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
Wow. Umm...Yeah. is clearly in force.
A nice horsie is clearly in force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
"Reacting" to pirates is the stupidest way to fight them. The only way to fight and end pirates permanently is to find their bases, and destroy them and their equipment. This requires a little, bitty thing called "intelligence".
I couldn't agree more sunbeam, try getting the various governments around the world to agree to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
When you board a "Somali pirate boat", and find that >1/2 of its crew are non-Somali, that would tend to indicate that there might just be a wider ring of operations that you would need to look at...And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians...
So what? Play with fire, expect to get burned. I don't care if the Russians did sink the buggers with their boat, or shot them or sent them to Siberia or hung them up by their goolies. I simply don't give a toss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War....Or, if actual "research" is too time-consuming, you might try starting HERE.....

...Wow.
You are an expert researcher are you? I cannot wait to see your future posts, it'll save me hours and hours of fruitless searches. The Sri Lanken Navy went to destroy the Aussie Navy? Did their rowers run out of steam? Mind you I'd be tired after 1400 nm, I'd be tired after 200 yards.

What does it say on that ? It's too small to read.
March 5th, 2012  
Clinkerbuilt
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
...I simply don't give a toss.
Then why post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
You are an expert researcher are you? I cannot wait to see your future posts, it'll save me hours and hours of fruitless searches. The Sri Lanken Navy went to destroy the Aussie Navy? Did their rowers run out of steam? Mind you I'd be tired after 1400 nm, I'd be tired after 200 yards.
Did you even both to read what I wrote? Apparently not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
What does it say on that ? It's too small to read.
Hmm - magnifying glass, maybe?
 


Similar Topics
RUSSIAN FIGHTERS SUPERIOR, SAYS PENTAGON
Russian Arms Sales Is Edging Out Americans
Russian Heros
"Sweden under attack !" A possible future scenario