BritinBritain

The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinkerbuilt
Then why post?
Because I can

Quote:
Did you even both to read what I wrote? Apparently not.
This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War...
Sorry mate, but it made as much sense as an ash tray on a motorbike. The Sri Lankan Navy tried to destroy the Aussie Navy? Why? Did an Aussie upset them by calling someone "Ya bloody Drongo"? I take it they didn't manage to do it because I saw Sea Patrol HMAS Hammersley on TV recently.

Quote:
Hmm - magnifying glass, maybe?
I reckon an electron microscope would be a better bet, but I don't have one on hand.

Begins to sing "HOME, HOME ON THE RANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

Help help a pirate, someone call the Russian Navy.
March 5th, 2012  
Clinkerbuilt

Oh. I see. My sincerest apologies -- you have nothing of value to say, and I mistook your comments for an attempt at something worthwhile.

Sorry for my error. You run along, and have fun with that.
March 6th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Oh. I see. My sincerest apologies -- you have nothing of value to say, and I mistook your comments for an attempt at something worthwhile.
Apology accepted old chap. By your comment
Quote:
"And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians..."
I take it you would like to see the pirate's tucked up in nice warm beds and waited on hand and foot.

Quote:
Again, apology accepted. However, if you want to make stupid comments, expect the same in return, Ya bloody drongo.
--
The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates
March 6th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Apology accepted old chap.

By your comment
Quote:
"And while there is, indeed, no indication that the pirates were put down with their ship, I wouldn't put it past the Russians..."
I take it you would like to see the pirate's tucked up in nice warm beds and waited on hand and foot instead of being treated like the murdering bastards they are? Are you a bleeding heart liberal by any chance?

Quote:
When you board a "Somali pirate boat", and find that >1/2 of its crew are non-Somali, that would tend to indicate that there might just be a wider ring of operations that you would need to look at...
Dunno if you have been through the South China Sea or the Straits of Malacca recently, don't look now, but word has it, there are pirates there too. Could they be co-operating with each other or could they be dodgy bastards getting in on the action? What do you suggest? Send secret squirrel to get the intel?

Quote:
This attitude is why pirates and terrorists exist for far longer than they should...And if you doubt this, do a little research -- tiring and boring though it may be -- on the LTTE, and their 'Sea Tiger' and 'Sea Pigeon' forces, how the Sri Lankan Navy staged a c.1400nm raid, almost to the Australian coast, to destroy them, and how that impacted the LTTE and the course of the Sri Lankan Civil War...
I ask again, why would they want to destroy the RAN? If that is what you are saying. The Sri Lankan civil war has been going on for yonks. I've better things to do with my time then research Sri Lanka and their little disagreement with each other.

Quote:
You have apologised once already, there is no need to keep doing so.
March 11th, 2013  
LadyUSAFveteran

Topic: The Russian Way To Deal With Pirates

The link to the video is broken.
March 11th, 2013  
Capt Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyUSAFveteran
The link to the video is broken.
Check YouTube?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5FhA-b-cE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALI PIRATES - YouTube[/ame]

(don't f**k with naval forces, especially the Russians )
March 28th, 2013  
Eden

I always like this part of russian personality.No bs
March 28th, 2013  
RusCan2013

There's a movie about that raid (this IS the one where the Russian Marines free the tanker "Moscow University", yes?), called "22 Minutes"

Another fun fact: Vladimir Leshtaev, a young Marine who participated in that operation, was elected Man of the Year by readers of a women's magazine in his home republic of Khakassia, in Siberia

"A true defender"

Leshtaev was a hero in that raid. He personally killed a pirate and wounded two or three others in a firefight. Then-President Medvedev personally awarded him the Order of Courage

Didn't take too long for him to fall from grace though. This year, Leshtaev and another player from the local amateur hockey team in Khakassia he'd been playing with since left the service, got busted for dealing drugs (hashish).
http://www.kp.ru/daily/26027/2945765/

He could go to prison now... Amazing how just about anyone can be corrupted these days...
July 9th, 2013  
Army0413

Russia are big enemies with western world. They never accept USA's weapon deal with rebelles in Syria in G-8.