Russian sub rescue

I have a funny feeling it will be another **** up. There are so many stories being told by the Russians it makes you wonder if the crew are already dead and they don't want to bring up the matter after the mess they made with the Kursk. Lets face the chap that was in charge of the effort is in charge of this one.

LeEnfield said:
I have a funny feeling it will be another c**k up. There are so many stories being told by the Russians it makes you wonder if the crew are already dead and they don't want to bring up the matter after the mess they made with the Kursk. Lets face the chap that was in charge of the effort is in charge of this one.

Actully it is up now and everyone is ok..

There's a _slight_ difference between a small 7 people sub and a gigantic nuclear powered submarine with 123 sailors. The first was just entangled, and Kurks had a torpedo blow up, major structural damage, etc.

Lets face it, the US had its share of submarine tragedies too, let's not call call the Russians incompetent right off the bad without knowing the facts.

From what I can see this was a straight forward accident that could have happened to any small sub. What I was referring to was the number of different stories coming out of Russia mainly from the same man that was in charge of the Kursk rescue.

I think they're giving Putin a lot of grief because of not even asking for help on the Kursk. By Britain showing the Russian people how quickly the men were saved, they now have to wonder if the men on the Kursk may have been saved. I think the Russians need to throw a little money into lifesaving technology. I was struck by the fact that their only answer was to try to drag the sub to shallow water so the sailors could save themselves. That's lame.

Back