Russian Spetsnaz

Due to a great stroke of luck, I am able to provide a lot of Spetsnaz pictures which are pretty difficult to find on google and other search engines! I really suggest taking a look at all of them, as most of you might have guessed I would have spent a lot of time searching for Spetsnaz pictures, and most of these I havent seen before! Enjoy!

2qcovep.jpg

Going up the stairs with one of the new AK-100's

rabuqu.jpg

Breach and clear! As you can see, the soldier closest to the camera is wearing the signature OMON blue camo.

35dcot5.jpg

Spetsnaz troops in Dagestan, 1999

263atxy.jpg

Advancing with some BMP support

rr34ih.jpg

A Spetsnaz Operatives fist is made of iron

2csdt01.jpg

Gives "Return to Sender" a whole new meaning

15rcb2o.jpg

A Spetsnaz soldier with the AK-74U

fnfn9g.jpg

Even they got to have a bit of free time!

Disclaimer:
I do not claim to own or to have created any of the pictures posted in this thread. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Last edited:
8yuul5.jpg

They can destroy a tank with their forehead, but using a RPG is more fair.​

14nz75v.jpg

A search and destroy team in Chechenya, 2004

24blny9.jpg

Just to make sure...

2ujgw3r.jpg

I wonder if they sleep with balaclavas on?

2nlfep4.jpg

This is a Mercedes for the Spetsnaz!

29gijhz.jpg

Hope the owner of that car has insurance

348soqa.jpg

Who ya gonna call?!?!?!

es6uf8.jpg

If one knows Systema, and his opponent has a knife, the latter will die in about 3.2 seconds

Disclaimer:
I do not claim to own or to have created any of the pictures posted in this thread. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

2zee447.jpg

This is one of my favourite pictures, just good quality stuff.

2s94oz9.jpg

They learnt this stuff in grade 2!

20ihxy0.jpg

"Comrades, Vasili has 30% off all equipment!"

2wpqagi.jpg

Spetsnaz soldier with a PKM LMG

Disclaimer:

Hopefully Russia will expand and further improve its counter terror tactics and units. You can't ever have enough training on anything in life if you want to be proficient.

Nice pics tho.

I know appearance isn't everything, but to me, somehow these guys never look professional. They look like a bunch a yahoos just mucking around.

I know appearance isn't everything, but to me, somehow these guys never look professional. They look like a bunch a yahoos just mucking around.

They still get the job done, and there is no doubt in my mind that they are definitely the most physically trained of any special forces. They do a lot of crazy crap in their training, thats for sure.

They still get the job done, and there is no doubt in my mind that they are definitely the most physically trained of any special forces. They do a lot of crazy crap in their training, thats for sure.

Russian special forces, not just Specnaz, but, for example, VDV Airborne Troops, Paratroopers, where I served, have a 'test of endurance'.

Imagine: you are standing at a sink, in the washroom, maybe washing your hands, looking in the mirror. Three guys come in, suddenly jump you and start beating the hell out of you, just smashing you, with fists and legs. You have to fight back, and most importantly, stay on your feet a certain time (5-10 minutes for Paratroopers depending on experience). In the end, you are all bloodied, smiling, shake your hands, clap each other on the back, and go your ways :D Later you learn if you passed. If not, you will have to, well, retake the test.

Russian special forces, not just Specnaz, but, for example, VDV Airborne Troops, Paratroopers, where I served, have a 'test of endurance'.

Imagine: you are standing at a sink, in the washroom, maybe washing your hands, looking in the mirror. Three guys come in, suddenly jump you and start beating the hell out of you, just smashing you, with fists and legs. You have to fight back, and most importantly, stay on your feet a certain time (5-10 minutes for Paratroopers depending on experience). In the end, you are all bloodied, smiling, shake your hands, clap each other on the back, and go your ways :D Later you learn if you passed. If not, you will have to, well, retake the test.

Sounds harsh.

Is this kind of thing common in other armies around the world?

Sounds harsh.

Is this kind of thing common in other armies around the world?

It can be to various different levels. But that kind of thing is rather an extreme version. I doubt the validity of the claim too. 10 minutes of being beaten by multiple assailant and staying on your feet?

The British Para's and NZ SAS milling is only 60 seconds. Australian MSD is as long as it takes, be it 10 seconds or 2 minutes.

I think the claim is one of those things brags that just are stupid.

It can be to various different levels. But that kind of thing is rather an extreme version. I doubt the validity of the claim too. 10 minutes of being beaten by multiple assailant and staying on your feet?

The British Para's and NZ SAS milling is only 60 seconds. Australian MSD is as long as it takes, be it 10 seconds or 2 minutes.

I think the claim is one of those things brags that just are stupid.

Not bragging. Mate, I had my nose broken three times. It's all crooked to the right now, because it did not grow back together properly after the last 'test'.

It's what they do, turn you into some superman. Back in 2006, I will find the article and translate it for you, 6 of our Paratroopers were on vacation in the Crimea, got into a bar brawl with about 30 local hooligans, one of whom had a knife. They killed the one with the knife, stabbed him after taking the knife from him; stabbed and killed another one with same knife; threw one out of the window; beat several to the point they could not walk for a week after that; and had the others running out the door screaming for help by the time the police showed up.

Trust me, we can last for 10 minutes. :D I'll tell you the secret for it too: don't take every blow. Dodge once in awhile.

Last edited:
Not bragging. Mate, I had my nose broken three times. It's all crooked to the right now, because it did not grow back together properly after the last 'test'.

It's what they do, turn you into some superman. Back in 2006, I will find the article and translate it for you, 6 of our Paratroopers were on vacation in the Crimea, got into a bar brawl with about 30 local hooligans, one of whom had a knife. They killed the one with the knife, stabbed him after taking the knife from him; stabbed and killed another one with same knife; threw one out of the window; beat several to the point they could not walk for a week after that; and had the others running out the door screaming for help by the time the police showed up.

Trust me, we can last for 10 minutes. :D I'll tell you the secret for it too: don't take every blow. Dodge once in awhile.

Righto then.

2009 Airborne Troops Day, Moscow police and paramilitary forces prepare to maintain order (read: deal with tens of thousands of drunken Paratroopers)

Yes, they need AKs and armoured personnel carriers :D

Oh, and here is the Crimea story (very biased article, but only one in English I could find, I am too lazy right now to translate the Russian ones).
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tatar-l/message/9332?l=1

But here is an exerpt, there are at least another two Russian posters here, on this site, they will say if I mistranslate I am sure

Мы стали домой уходить. И по дороге домой нас еще четыре раза догоняли. Человек семь-восемь «прыгнут», мы отобьемся, дальше идем. Опять догонят, по шее получат и снова разбегаются. Каждая стычка - секунд по 40 - 60. В последний раз их уже было около 25 человек. Нас осталось только четверо. На этот раз татары были с монтировками и ножами.

Выхватив у одного из нападавших железный прут, Павел Кисляков увидел, как на Александра Кирьянова надвигаются с ножом. Моментально среагировав, курсант выбивает монтировкой нож.
'We started to leave to go home. On the way, they tried to catch us again, four times. 7-8 people would try to 'jump' us, we'd fight them off and keep walking. Again they'd catch up, get beaten back, and run. Each scuffle lasted 40-60 seconds. Last time there was maybe 25 of them, and 4 of us. And this time they had hammers and knives.

Having taken away a steel bar from an attacker, Pavel Kislyakov saw that one was moving upon Aleksandr Kirianov with a knife. Reacting momentarily, the cadet smashes the knife away with the metal bar.'

How Ryazan Paratroopers beat up Crimean Tatars
http://www.kp.ru/daily/23780/57887/

:D Not fiction, it is our life, man. Now that I think about it, those Israeli commandos who landed on the Turkish ship, they should read this, and learn from it.

Last edited:
Back