Russian Small arms and aiming devices

--

August 11th, 2008  
Topmaul

Topic: Russian Small arms and aiming devices

So what do you guys think about Russian Small Arms and aiming devices

I shoot a bit of 3 gun and always use at least two Russian made pieces of equipment.

for aiming I have a Russian PK-01 Columnator optic it works great it is as good as an Aimpoint 1.5 moa dot with automatic brightness control. I bought it so that if I needed to do a boarding at work I could just turn it on and it would brighten or darken the dot depending on the lighting conditions a very good feature on a ship never know what the light will be on the other side of a door. Also if you have to exit a vehicle dash across through bright sunlight into a dark house your dot will be at the proper adjustment. This is an old school red dot not very modern but works great. Right now it is on my CX4 Storm carbine Home Defense weapon.

When it comes to a shotgun the Saiga 12 is the best tactical shotgun in the world bar none there are more complex guns out there but the S-12 is king of the hill I plan to shoot for Team Saiga (Izhmash) at the 2010 Pan-American shotgun championships.

My Saiga 12 shotgun with a 20 round drum and the PK-01 on the barrel

my 16 year old son getting ready to take on a stage with his Saiga 12
I also use a Saiga 7.62x39 just because I can keep up with most shooters at matches where I know I will be shooting no more than 100 yards. I must say I get better scores with my AR-15 which I don't use that much.

Russian small arms and aiming devices are fine I have no problem with them.
August 11th, 2008  
SHERMAN

beautiful hardware you got there. I have a full auto AK-47 at home(my has it lisenced), but we dont shoot much because the bullets are very expensive here.
August 11th, 2008  
mmarsh

That's surprising, I would have thought AK-47 ammo would have been cheap as dirt where you are. There are more AK-47s in the middle East then there are people.
--
August 11th, 2008  
senojekips

Before the Chinese Norinco ammo became available here in Australia, I always used Syrian 7.62x39. It was cheaper than dirt in bulk.
August 11th, 2008  
SHERMAN

Quote:
That's surprising, I would have thought AK-47 ammo would have been cheap as dirt where you are. There are more AK-47s in the middle East then there are people.
well its about 2$ a round here.
August 11th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
well its about 2$ a round here.
Ouch, I think the last lot I purchased was $38 for 250 rounds.

Hehe I just checked a new catalog and it has gone up a lot recently it is now $31 for 100 rounds.
August 11th, 2008  
SHERMAN

well, not too many civilians here own 7.62/39 weapons
(i assume less than 200), so its kind of rare on the market.
August 12th, 2008  
Topmaul

Top Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine 9mm
Middle Saiga 12 Shotgun
bottom Beretta 92 FS note carbine and pistol take the same magazines

Customized Saiga 7.62x39 Saiga with scout mount scope it is actually a pistol scope mounted on an Ultimak gas tube while it looks cool I have not had good luck with this arangement in competition and will give up on it.

Same pistol and shotgun as above although I have made a few mods to the shotgun since this picture was take.
August 12th, 2008  
MontyB

Nice pic's, love the carbine, never been much of a shotgun nor pistol fan myself.
I tend to prefer rifles, in fact all but two of the 56 units in my collection are rifles.
August 12th, 2008  
Topmaul

The main reason I am into shotguns so much is that my gun club has a monthly Tactical Shotgun Match which I really enjoy. My son and I normally dominate it. Recently the match directors have made stages and rules that favor tube fed shotguns not, in order to even the playing field. I still shoot fairly regularly. August 16th is the next shotgun match I plan to bring my war machine BTW that is me in the RED WHITE AND BLUE

Saiga .223 and 7.62x39 both set up with ultimak rails and pistol scopes