Russian Schoolboy Dies After 12 Hours of Computer Gaming

greenarmy1980 said:
The title of the game he was playing is called HALO. Just proves that Microsoft is killing us

Eh, and not only with games... There software is way to overpriced for all the bugs you buy...

I somewere got a movie form a german boy ( i think) thats getting fed up with his computer... He's almost loosing it, pounding his keyboard etc.. If i find it i'll post the link up..

Yeah, that is a well know film on the net... just like that guy Croit who plays Halo as well. Both of them are complete nuts and their parents fail completely to act upon this. If I hear my kid go beserk like that, his pc will be in the bin before he knows it! Bloody kids and their completely inadequate parents.... the proud product of our times... NOT. Maybe all these loonies die before they can actually buy a shotgun and try it real life to see if people really start to splatter when you blow them away...

p.s. This seems to happen in China too, were kids die from exhaustion from playing hours on end.

greenarmy1980 said:
The title of the game he was playing is called HALO. Just proves that Microsoft is killing us

Oh whew, the devil known as "World of Warcraft" has got its grips on me for some time now.

Ted said:
This seems to happen in China too, were kids die from exhaustion from playing hours on end.

I remember this happened in South Korea too a couple months ago when a guy in his mid-20s played Starcraft for 8 hours straight and died of heart failure.

I know i play alot sometimes, but never more then a hour of 5 in a row, and even then i take breaks to get coffee, or something else... After 3 hours behind the computer i already getting tired, and i dont even need to game for that...

Yeah, something is really going wrong with parenting if you let your kid play for so long, or when he gets so aggrevated... I know when my kid grows up theres going to be a lock on the thing... Or a maximum time amount..

no proof it was actually the "playing" that got that poor kid

sounds like a physical defect that chose that moment to act up........though perhaps the stroke was due to increased heart rate

if so, he coulda died from jogging or something

but WHO THE HELL lets a 12 OLD play games 12 hours in one sitting
i love videogames, can go 7-9 hours at once, but i dont forget to stay in shape.........silly kid
but all 12 year olds are like that:-|

I personally do think it is gaming related, if he was on a 12 hour streak, what are the odds that he only did it once? Most of the time when people are gaming so long they are found to do it more then justa couple of times...
I think he was behind that thing day and night..

Its would be to much of a coincidence if it was his first time doing that.

well, 12 hours nonstop of halo would problably be unhealthy:roll:

half life 2 is a better game though:rock:

leonk, it said that the parents were letting him do that, and that it was not his first time

who knows.....maybe all of that halo did wierd stuff to a pre puberty kid.......

For goodness sakes! :-o Even I don't play VGs non-stop for hours on end! Anf even I'm clever enough to stretch once and a while, and to get my body's needs attended to. It doesn't take much effort, really.

Now, if you want something that really could kill you, try constantly returning carts at a black asphalt store parking lot all day without rehydrating or taking a break. Now that my friends is a neverending heat stroke on a shopping cart and two feet. After a while, you can even smell your brain starting to bake in your skull. And guess what? That's my job, because I'm to work at the store for the summer. :p

Back