Russian President bans sales of weapons to Iran

Principles matter more than money.
Currently i can identify Russia's only principle here at this case as lack of principles. We had a deal, we had a contract and we had certain commitments to Iran. We've been ignoring all US-imposed sanctions for years, and now all of a sudden we say: 'Sorry, but the deal is off'. I don't see anything the United States made in return. Still no World Trade Organization membership, still no elimination of sanctions concerning cooperation with Russian hi-tech companies... Nothing. Nothing except cancellation of ABM preparations in Europe which would be cancelled anyway. This is no deal. So, from what we know today Russia just betrayed its own commercial interests, sacrificed its image of one of just a few independent arms traders and all this reminds me of Gorbachev. Haste, naivete and idealism.

Currently i can identify Russia's only principle here at this case as lack of principles. We had a deal, we had a contract and we had certain commitments to Iran. We've been ignoring all US-imposed sanctions for years, and now all of a sudden we say: 'Sorry, but the deal is off'. I don't see anything the United States made in return. Still no World Trade Organization membership, still no elimination of sanctions concerning cooperation with Russian hi-tech companies... Nothing. Nothing except cancellation of ABM preparations in Europe which would be cancelled anyway. This is no deal. So, from what we know today Russia just betrayed its own commercial interests, sacrificed its image of one of just a few independent arms traders and all this reminds me of Gorbachev. Haste, naivete and idealism.

No, principles as in, I do not want my country to have anything at all to do with a terrorist regime that stones people (women!) to death, sponsors groups like Hamas and Hezbollah (and sells weapons to Taliban according to some sources), shoots unarmed protesters to death.

Sorry, friend, there are still people left in Russia, very few of us, admittedly, who feel that honor matters more than money, that we msut not sell our values, and do business with disgusting religious tyrants.

Its propaganda.

I know this file as I've heard a lot about it.

1- Lapidation is not practiced in Iran.
They kill people by hanging.

2- Sakineh is not accused of adultery but of murder.

3- Another man is accused of intervening in the murder of her husband (her lover).
And they are both facing death sentence by hanging for murder.

And I was told that it's not even her picture...

No, principles as in, I do not want my country to have anything at all to do with a terrorist regime that stones people (women!) to death, sponsors groups like Hamas and Hezbollah (and sells weapons to Taliban according to some sources), shoots unarmed protesters to death.

Sorry, friend, there are still people left in Russia, very few of us, admittedly, who feel that honor matters more than money, that we msut not sell our values, and do business with disgusting religious tyrants.
You and very few of those like you are guided by ignorance and/or politics, not honor. If one doesn't sell weapons to Hamas or Taliban, it's not because of his high principles, but because this market is occupied. Unfortunately most of Russia's, let alone the United States, clients are countries where they hardly ever heared anything about civil liberties (and might you know, in comparison with most of them and even with Russia in some aspects, Iran is a relatively democratic society). Should we cancel arms trade with all of them and be very proud of that? Why bothering Iran? Belarus is also a dictatorship which is in addition poor in contrast to Iran. And finally, we ourselves are too far from being a free country to be guided by this philosophy in our foreign politics.

If our ministery of defence is stupid enough to cut all ties with Iran I assure you, it wan't take even 5 years that you'll see Iranians firing from M-16s and flying F-16s, or Chinese crap.

Shmack is trying to face the truth.

I think that he is now a dangerous revolutionary mind we have to stop at all cost.

Is there a free cell in Guetmo?

Just kidding, but Shmack is doing here a real intellectual effort most people, and even journalist refuse to do. I say refuse to do and not "cannot do".

Iran is a country with a lot of problems and issues they have to deal with. But it's not yet the evil power described by its enemies.

So now Russia and China can sell them assault rifles... Nuclear reactors, but they cant sell them anti-air defenses?

You let them pay for a technology and you refuse to sell them the technology to protect this technology?

So, Russia believes in the Iranian project enough to let them buy nuclear reactor, but to let them buy anti air missiles... Their version of the story isnt good enough?

And in my opinion, these missiles had a huge potential to act like deterrent to tell the Israeli air force and the US air force to stay in their bases...
Now, Iran is defenseless against high tech air strikes... And knowing the arrogance of Iran's enemies... They are coming soon.

Get ready for WWIII. And like Einstein said, we will fight WW4 with stones and sticks...

You and very few of those like you are guided by ignorance and/or politics, not honor. If one doesn't sell weapons to Hamas or Taliban, it's not because of his high principles, but because this market is occupied. Unfortunately most of Russia's, let alone the United States, clients are countries where they hardly ever heared anything about civil liberties (and might you know, in comparison with most of them and even with Russia in some aspects, Iran is a relatively democratic society). Should we cancel arms trade with all of them and be very proud of that? Why bothering Iran? Belarus is also a dictatorship which is in addition poor in contrast to Iran. And finally, we ourselves are too far from being a free country to be guided by this philosophy in our foreign politics.

If our ministery of defence is stupid enough to cut all ties with Iran I assure you, it wan't take even 5 years that you'll see Iranians firing from M-16s and flying F-16s, or Chinese crap.

Not, it is not ignorance, Shmack. You talk about Iran 'firing from' whatever. Why don't you think about firing at who? Firing at Israel, mostly. Throught their proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah. You want Russia to arm Iran and, thus, Hamas and Hezbollah, while there are maybe one and a half million people in Israel who share our culture and speak our language? Do you know that half of their air force speaks Russian at home? There are many of our compatriots there, last Presidential election, 15 polling stations opened in Israel. And, on the other hand, there are 90,000 Israeli citizens living, working, and doing business in Moscow too.

What I am against, Shmack, is our government selling weapons to a regime that will then use those weapons to kill our people, and those are our people, Shmack. I do not want to see Russian boys serving in Tzahal shot at with Kalashnikov, Mukha, or any of our missile weapons. I do not want Russia making money at the expense of its citizens lives.

If Americans or Chinese want to deal with Iran, let them. At least we'd know clearly who the enemy is: who arms those who attack our citizens.

So now Russia and China can sell them assault rifles... Nuclear reactors, but they cant sell them anti-air defenses?

Not nuclear either. Rifles are okay, for now. Not for long, I hope.

Prapor, do you support Israel because they speak Russian and have a Russian citizenship?

What kind of support is that?

You share my language then I love you? You dont look like me then I dont care about you?

Support Israel as much as you want, but not for these reasons... It's weak.

And by the way, you are not helping Israel by disarming Iran. Because Israel is a danger to itself since they elected these extremist right wingers and decided to side with the US rather than to build strong relations with their neighbors.

Israel will never care to invest in real peace as long as its potential enemies are defenseless.

Well... Poor judgement in my opinion.

Prapor, do you support Israel because they speak Russian and have a Russian citizenship?

What kind of support is that?

You share my language then I love you? You dont look like me then I dont care about you?

Support Israel as much as you want, but not for these reasons... It's weak.

And by the way, you are not helping Israel by disarming Iran. Because Israel is a danger to itself since they elected these extremist right wingers and decided to side with the US rather than to build strong relations with their neighbors.

Israel will never care to invest in real peace as long as its potential enemies are defenseless.

Well... Poor judgement in my opinion.

Yes. Just like Turkish support Palestinians because they are Muslims, I support Israelis because at least 1 in 5 of them is like me. I have friends there, one of my uncles lives in Haifa, along with his wife and three sons, the eldest of them serving in Tzahal. I am proud of that too, LeMask.

You say you love that about Muslims: they don't care about borders, only about where Muslims live. Well, I am the same way, how about that?

And you can't build relations with neighbors who shoot at you, want to kill you, and refuse to recognize your right to exist.

Prapor, you should think your positions again...

You expressed your feelings against Muslims the other time...

And your vision of support for the Palestinian cause is very very simplistic. You forgot so many points.
For your information, many people support the Palestinian for better reasons than yours...

It's not a soccer match where you support people for being close to you...

You are not far from a common bigot and racist... You better rethink your positions. Just a friendly advice sir.

And easy on the Pro-Zionist rhetoric. I know it pretty well, and it's not logic...

The only hope for Israel, if you really care about these people is a state recognizing human rights for everybody, jews and Muslims (and others of course).

You ask people to recognize a state practicing apartheid? Are you out of your mind? it's like asking a slave to recognize his master.

Even I refuse to recognize Israel's legitimacy for the same reason. As long as they dont act toward equality between everybody, Muslims and non-Muslims, I dont want such discriminating country on my planet...

Why do I have to chose between a Jew and a Muslim?

Prapor, you should think your positions again...

You expressed your feelings against Muslims the other time...

And your vision of support for the Palestinian cause is very very simplistic. You forgot so many points.
For your information, many people support the Palestinian for better reasons than yours...

It's not a soccer match where you support people for being close to you...

You are not far from a common bigot and racist... You better rethink your positions. Just a friendly advice sir.

And easy on the Pro-Zionist rhetoric. I know it pretty well, and it's not logic...

The only hope for Israel, if you really care about these people is a state recognizing human rights for everybody, jews and Muslims (and others of course).

You ask people to recognize a state practicing apartheid? Are you out of your mind? it's like asking a slave to recognize his master.

Even I refuse to recognize Israel's legitimacy for the same reason. As long as they dont act toward equality between everybody, Muslims and non-Muslims, I dont want such discriminating country on my planet...

Why do I have to chose between a Jew and a Muslim?

Apartheid is when a minority, usually an armed, racist minority rules over a large majority who are marginalized and discriminated against.

A. Jews are 80% of Israel, at least.
B. It is true that Arabs are marginalized and discriminated against in Israel. But I think there must be a way to solve that without violence.

I admit though, as I said, I am biased on this question.

Not, it is not ignorance, Shmack. You talk about Iran 'firing from' whatever. Why don't you think about firing at who? Firing at Israel, mostly. Throught their proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah. You want Russia to arm Iran and, thus, Hamas and Hezbollah, while there are maybe one and a half million people in Israel who share our culture and speak our language? Do you know that half of their air force speaks Russian at home? There are many of our compatriots there, last Presidential election, 15 polling stations opened in Israel. And, on the other hand, there are 90,000 Israeli citizens living, working, and doing business in Moscow too.
Why the hell should i think about who is going to kill whom in the Middle East? If they want to shoot at each other, it's not my business and not my problem, and i don't care what language they speak at home. They are not my relatives, they are not my friends, they are not my fellow citizens. Many people were born in Russia and moved to other countries. Should i suppose all of them be my compatriots? Do i have friends in Israel? Yes. In Iran? Yes, pretty many. It's not that i don't care about them, i do. But they live in their countries, and their governments are responsible for everything happening between these countries, not Russia.

What I am against, Shmack, is our government selling weapons to a regime that will then use those weapons to kill our people, and those are our people, Shmack. I do not want to see Russian boys serving in Tzahal shot at with Kalashnikov, Mukha, or any of our missile weapons. I do not want Russia making money at the expense of its citizens lives.
Firstly, all weapons are made to kill people. Doesn't this disturb you?
Secondly, what do you mean by 'our people'? In what way are they ours? They were born in Russia and they speek fluent Russian, and... they love Soviet cartoons? They are jews, the live in their jewish state and serve in their jewish army. This army happens to be one of the best on the whole planet, so let them solve their problems themselves. What the hell does Russia have to do with that?

If Americans or Chinese want to deal with Iran, let them. At least we'd know clearly who the enemy is: who arms those who attack our citizens.
Clearly? Is that a mystery now?
I'll tell you who arms those who attack our citizens. Half of the Staff generals of the North-Caucasus military disctrict have been selling stocked weapons to the Chechens for 20 years. Is that a news to you? I am personally more concerned about this matter than Israel-Iran stuff, because those who die in Caucasus are actually our citizens, not Israeli 'our' citizens.

And let's be honest Prapor... The Russian government refused to issue these technologies for a reason.

And try to guess this reason. Is it an honorable reason? Build from pride, honor, values and principles?

Or should we file it in the "bowing to US interests" box?

Russia should take a real decision on Iran.
Are they dangerous Islamists? In this case, dont sell them anything...
Are they Nazis? In this case... maybe join a coalition to invade them?
Or
Are they a proud people governed by a government influenced by their culture/religion/traditions.
And in this case, if you trust their version enough to sell them nuclear plants, then you can sell them the missiles to protect this project.

My position is that the Western world is pissing himself because they feel that they are not on the top of the food chain for long...

They are not happy to see so many Chinese changing their rice diet to a richer one. They might even start to build aircraft if they carry on like this.
Iran is starting to build a strong economy and a strong army.
Turkey is starting to have a strong influence in the region.
Even India is starting to play in the big league.

OMG, it's panick... All these have-not will be starting to ask for the same privileges the white man have... We dont have the resources for that. If they do, they might even start to question how the US finances are run...

And these anti-Missiles are defensive weapons... It's ridiculous.

The Russian will be seen as traitors. There was a time where you could say that Russia would side with the people who stand against US imperialism...

Now they coward behind false principles and bow to their old enemies by doing their will...

Its propaganda.

I know this file as I've heard a lot about it.

1- Lapidation is not practiced in Iran.
They kill people by hanging.

2- Sakineh is not accused of adultery but of murder.

3- Another man is accused of intervening in the murder of her husband (her lover).
And they are both facing death sentence by hanging for murder.

And I was told that it's not even her picture...

She was convicted of murder and received a sentence of 10 years. Then certain factions decided that was not sufficient and came up with the charge of adultery, the penalty for which is death by stoning.

Del Boy, death by stoning isnt practiced in Iran.

And they respect Sharia law on this point. They need at least 4 respected witnesses to accuse someone of adultery.

Well, I heard about the Sakineh propaganda campaign. In France, they made a petition and they speak about it on TV, radio, forums etc...

And the few journalists who went to Iran to check these informations came back to tell us that its BS.

We should be more worried about that retarded woman they executed in the US.

I totally agree with LeMask and Shmack.. Prapor you points are invalid you speak from a point of ignorance, arrogance and complete utter submission to the propaganda that is spread against Iran... Iran has not invaded or attacked anyone in 300+ years their military doctrine is strictly defensive, they have caused Russia less problems than this Israel you call a friends, I am sorry where have you been in the Recent Ossetian war where it was Israeli-American trained and armed Georgian army that was massacring Ossetian/Russian civilians and peacekeepers in South Ossetia??? Are you talking about the same Israel that has constantly since it's creation did everything it can against Russian interests? Are you speaking of the Israel that cares for no country well being and interest other than it's own? If you want to speak from an unbiased/unbrainwashed by propaganda point of view than you will see Iran has been far more reliant and upstaging friend to Russia than Israel has, Iran has supported Russia against the wests encroachment on former Soviet Union, has supported Russia on the missile defense dispute, has supported Russia on the Georgia issue, has supported Russia on the caspian sea issues, has supported Russia on it's resurgence in order to create a multipolar world... Now you tell me who has been more reliable friend to the Russian nation? You tell me if Iran or Israel which has more blood on it's hands and has committed many atrocities and wars??? Tell me what country Iran currently occupies??? If you wana speak of democracy and human rights sorry to disappoint you but Iran is far more democratic than Russia and ha a better human right track than Russia.

Del Boy, death by stoning isnt practiced in Iran.

And they respect Sharia law on this point. They need at least 4 respected witnesses to accuse someone of adultery.

Well, I heard about the Sakineh propaganda campaign. In France, they made a petition and they speak about it on TV, radio, forums etc...

And the few journalists who went to Iran to check these informations came back to tell us that its BS.

We should be more worried about that retarded woman they executed in the US.

Wow...

Modern Stoning in IRAN Video *not for the weak*

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 413:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar :
The Jew brought to the Prophet a man and a woman from amongst them who have committed (adultery) illegal sexual intercourse. He ordered both of them to be stoned (to death), near the place of offering the funeral prayers beside the mosque."

Back