Russian Planes vs. American Planes, which is better?

Which of these modern planes is your favorite?

• MiG-29 Fulcrum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X-35A JSF (F-35)

• SU-37 Terminator

• F/A-18E Super Hornet

• MiG/MAPO 1.42

• F-22 Raptor

• SU-47 Berkut

• Total voters
That site for Russian planes is stinkin slow loading!! Scratch that, it DOESN'T load. Oh well.

If someone were to verify everything about the Mig 1.4 as true and also confirm that is has no design flaws whatsoever, then its might be the best fighter in the world. Unfortunately, it's likely it will never enter production. It's likely the only fighter in the world that stands a chance of outclassing the F22, one to one (if the data on the Mig is accurate).

I caught a show awhile back. Mig 29 pilots of former East Germany had some extensive wargames vs the most up to date F18 at the time (E I think). The result? Each was found to have its advantages and disadvantages and it was a tossup. Neither fighter significantly outkilled the other.

I voted here, but be careful guys. It's another "who's better" thread...
Anyway, my favorite jet is the F-16 Falcon, but it wasn't here so I went for the fighter with the next baddest attitude- the Hornet. Sometimes it ain't even about technology or the most agility. Sometimes it's just about who has the bigger brass! And the Falcon is one sleek, y jet piloted by men with a lot of brass in the trousers.

I definitely like the helmet mounted missible sight on the Mig 29. I don't know of any of the currently deployed US fighters have anything like it.

Time said:
none of these, I prefer the F-14 Tomcat.

Are you aware that the F-14 Tomcat takes a lot of fuel than the other planes and requires the most maintenance. This is an old plane that needs to be scraped!

godofthunder9010 said:
I definitely like the helmet mounted missible sight on the Mig 29. I don't know of any of the currently deployed US fighters have anything like it.

Yes we have them too. In fact ours work unlike theirs.

They have a helmet mounted sight, what they don't say is that they can't move their head to quickly to aquire the target otherwise their system don't work.

Red_Army said:
Time said:
none of these, I prefer the F-14 Tomcat.

Are you aware that the F-14 Tomcat takes a lot of fuel than the other planes and requires the most maintenance. This is an old plane that needs to be scraped!

Are you aware that a F14 can carry bigger lang range missiles (Phenix)and a really big radar because as a NAVAL fighter it may work over long ranges and need lots of power to takeoff and land on really short airstrips? It may not just have this power but actually require it all the time during take offs and landings.

Do you know that your MIG29 has a engine service overhaul life of something like 500 hours? That's about 1/2 of what the US counterparts have.

I understand this but the plane does not need to be scrapped yet.
It is a very good fighter plane and is one of the best ever to fly off of a carrier deck.

Trevor said:
The JSF is the Jack of all trades. THat's why I like it.

And that's what the Navy gets so it's the best in the world. :rambo: Now add Phoenix missile capability and we're all set.

Back