Russian Planes vs. American Planes, which is better? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Which of these modern planes is your favorite?
MiG-29 Fulcrum 3 15.79%
X-35A JSF (F-35) 2 10.53%
SU-37 Terminator 0 0%
F/A-18E Super Hornet 2 10.53%
MiG/MAPO 1.42 0 0%
F-22 Raptor 11 57.89%
SU-47 Berkut 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

--

September 19th, 2004  
Red_Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
none of these, I prefer the F-14 Tomcat.
Are you aware that the F-14 Tomcat takes a lot of fuel than the other planes and requires the most maintenance. This is an old plane that needs to be scraped!
September 19th, 2004  
e=mc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
I definitely like the helmet mounted missible sight on the Mig 29. I don't know of any of the currently deployed US fighters have anything like it.
Yes we have them too. In fact ours work unlike theirs.

They have a helmet mounted sight, what they don't say is that they can't move their head to quickly to aquire the target otherwise their system don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
none of these, I prefer the F-14 Tomcat.
Are you aware that the F-14 Tomcat takes a lot of fuel than the other planes and requires the most maintenance. This is an old plane that needs to be scraped!
Are you aware that a F14 can carry bigger lang range missiles (Phenix)and a really big radar because as a NAVAL fighter it may work over long ranges and need lots of power to takeoff and land on really short airstrips? It may not just have this power but actually require it all the time during take offs and landings.

Do you know that your MIG29 has a engine service overhaul life of something like 500 hours? That's about 1/2 of what the US counterparts have.
September 19th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

I understand this but the plane does not need to be scrapped yet.
It is a very good fighter plane and is one of the best ever to fly off of a carrier deck.
--
September 20th, 2004  
Trevor

The JSF is the Jack of all trades. THat's why I like it.
September 20th, 2004  
Caffeine

What ever happend to the SU-27 Flanker and its Thrust Vectoring!
September 20th, 2004  
c/Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
The JSF is the Jack of all trades. THat's why I like it.
And that's what the Navy gets so it's the best in the world. Now add Phoenix missile capability and we're all set.