The Russian Navy Challenged The Royal Navy

--

January 11th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Topic: The Russian Navy Challenged The Royal Navy

The Russians are sailing on the seven seas and they are doing stuff,

I ponder how to say "We are Back" in Russian.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onse-time.html
January 11th, 2014  
MontyB

So let me see if I understand this, a Russian ship sailed agressively up to Scotland then sat there threateningly waiting for the Royal Navy to show up 24 hours later.

The Royal Navy then bravely blocked it in even though it could have left any time in the 24 hours it took for them to get there.

Couldn't the RAF sent one of those new fangled aeroplanes which would have taken all of 20 minutes to reach the Russian ship?
January 11th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Last time the Russians did this in the Med during an exercise in 1970 the Royal Navy rammed the Soviet and told them to bugger off. But that was when we had a navy, not the joke we've got now
--
January 11th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So let me see if I understand this, a Russian ship sailed agressively up to Scotland then sat there threateningly waiting for the Royal Navy to show up 24 hours later.

The Royal Navy then bravely blocked it in even though it could have left any time in the 24 hours it took for them to get there.

Couldn't the RAF sent one of those new fangled aeroplanes which would have taken all of 20 minutes to reach the Russian ship?
I was thinking the same thing. When the Russian navy does something in the Baltic Sea, the Swedes don't send out their navy, they send their JAS-39 Gripen.

The RAF might have been busy at a nice four star hotel
January 11th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I was thinking the same thing. When the Russian navy does something in the Baltic Sea, the Swedes don't send out their navy, they send their JAS-39 Gripen.

The RAF might have been busy at a nice four star hotel
I get the impression when reading these reports that many of them are made for media productions they roll out just before budget time to try and sway the disposition of funding.
January 12th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

I wouldn't mind betting that there was a Royal Navy nuclear submarine lurking around nearby.
January 12th, 2014  
VDKMS

Putin is stepping into the vacuum that the US, under the "leadership" of Obama, has left.

When the cat's away the mice will play.
January 13th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Putin has been sending cold war "Bear" aircraft towards British air space, trying to determine RAF response times. The photo below is of English Electric Lightnings of 74 Tiger Squadron doing an intercept during the cold war
January 13th, 2014  
hamidreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Putin is stepping into the vacuum that the US, under the "leadership" of Obama, has left.

When the cat's away the mice will play.
It seems that it is unbelievable for you the US is gradually losing her power in the world. And not obama nor any other US leadership couldn't stop it. The world is changing. It is not 1970 or 80. This story happened/is happening and will happen for any superpower in the world.
January 13th, 2014  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidreza
It seems that it is unbelievable for you the US is gradually losing her power in the world. And not obama nor any other US leadership couldn't stop it. The world is changing. It is not 1970 or 80. This story happened/is happening and will happen for any superpower in the world.
It IS because of Obama. Destroying his political opponents (republicans) comes first. Votes for his party are more important than national security.
Tea Party groups were harassed by the IRS while Islamic charities with proven terroist ties got the go ahead. Stronger, he even congratulated them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l235zyfsdQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l235zyfsdQ[/ame]

Some ISNA founding members :
Sami Al-Arian - Palestinian Islamic Jihad
Mahboob Khan - friend of Ayman al-Zawahiri (Al Qaeda)
Sayyid Muhammad Syeed - Secretary General of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), an organization that enforces Wahhabi theological writ in some 1,200 mosques in America. Counter-terrorism expert Stephen Schwartz describes the ISNA as “one of the chief conduits through which the radical Saudi form of Islam passes into the United States.”