RUSSIAN MILITARY

I know the Suvorov Military academy, but thats like a school

I was talking about the actual armed forces though

MOD EDIT: DON"T DOUBLE POST!!!!!

Russia has a millitary??? lol j/k i know there is a SF team called the Spenatz or somthing like that

I mean like the structure and chain of command of the branches, because the google searches only give the soviet structure

Well they still have the same basic structure...they have 5 armored divisions, 21 motor rifle divisions, 4 Airborne divisionsand 5 artillerey divisions.anything more?

did they change the ranks? my grandfather was a "starshina" which is like a Chief master sgt position in the US but was only 6 stripes in the USSR
(basically did they increase the rank system like the US?)

I forgot exactly what the name of their special forces is called, but i know that one of the former russian leaders scaled down the military quite a bit. But the special forces uses the same manual that our seals use. They are also able to operate 1000 km behind enemy lines.

USAOwnz said:
http://www.rankinsignia.info/show.php?stat=Russia&podkategorie=Army&num=1&id=1413
Hm.. can't say how accurate that is, however.

thanks, thats a good website.
I never knew latvia had officers in their air force of less than 500 men and 3 helicopters.lol

Joe252 said:
Russia has a millitary??? lol j/k i know there is a SF team called the Spenatz or somthing like that

Dude, not even something to joke about, the Russian military was and still is among the worlds largest militarys.

Patriot_1989tobeyond said:
Joe252 said:

Dude, not even something to joke about, the Russian military was and still is among the worlds largest militarys.

largest but not best equiped

Back