Russian "M82" - Page 2




 
--
 
March 31st, 2005  
Armyjaeger
 
 
How come the russians don't make those things in 14.5mm caliber, isn't it better than 12.7mm in all aspects but recoil?
March 31st, 2005  
Damien435
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
ain't much to look at.
Off course not, it was built the typical Russian way (it is a Russian weapon, right?) Their guns are not meant to win beauty contests, they are made so that you can kick, drop, put some sand in it, leave it in a rice paddy for 12 days, take it out, keep the dirt off of it, and go kill your enemies.
April 2nd, 2005  
AlexKall
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Airman Adam Seaman
Yes a bolt-action is usually more accurate, but I prefer semi-auto. Yes I have used a bolt-action. I hate it because I hate all bullpup design weapons.
So you have shot the above weapon, all weapons arnt the same just because they have the same type of fireing or anything else for that matter. Don't dismiss anything before you have tired it
--
April 3rd, 2005  
SHERMAN
 
 
Quote:
I really dislike how the Russian Firearm Bureaus spend resources on developing all kinds of different weapons instead of perfecting and standardizing. Just look at all different weapons that have been created over the years, all of which are ugly too.
They did devlop alot of them. But it did not hurt standatization. Most are based on the AK47 in one way or another, use either 7.62 or 5.45 ammo, and are highly reliable. The AK47 and Ak74 were the standart rifle, and over those you short versions, sniper versions, light mg versions and so on, So id say they did a good job at keeping standartization.
April 3rd, 2005  
Vitaly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:
I really dislike how the Russian Firearm Bureaus spend resources on developing all kinds of different weapons instead of perfecting and standardizing. Just look at all different weapons that have been created over the years, all of which are ugly too.
They did devlop alot of them. But it did not hurt standatization. Most are based on the AK47 in one way or another, use either 7.62 or 5.45 ammo, and are highly reliable. The AK47 and Ak74 were the standart rifle, and over those you short versions, sniper versions, light mg versions and so on, So id say they did a good job at keeping standartization.
I am talking about how there are multiple cartridges such as 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 7.62x25, 5.45x39, 9x18, 9x19, 9x21, 9x39, and 12.7x108 with many different weapons being offered in each. All of the development is occuring at government bureaus such as Tula. Is there really a point in spending money in making multiple weapons for this many cartridges? Why not just pick 3-4 calibers, a design for each and then focus on bettering those designs? Plus if you look at all of the new and better weapons, only elite units have them. Shouldn't the conscripts get good weapons too? That could actually be a factor in the low morale of the Russian army.
April 4th, 2005  
SHERMAN
 
 
Yes, but like I said, eventually it was mostly the AK47 an AK74 that swas used.
April 6th, 2005  
Mikey
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
ain't much to look at.
Off course not, it was built the typical Russian way (it is a Russian weapon, right?) Their guns are not meant to win beauty contests, they are made so that you can kick, drop, put some sand in it, leave it in a rice paddy for 12 days, take it out, keep the dirt off of it, and go kill your enemies.
Would you rather fawn over a pretty girl and go home to an empty bed or ask out her not so pretty girlfrend who is willing and able. Rifles are like women, would you rather have a high maintenance pretty M16 A1 or a low Maintenance ugly AK47 that will work when you need it the most
April 7th, 2005  
Mikey
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:
I hate it. The M82 is semi-auto, and that thing is harder to load
And I assume you say that based on experience on both weapons? Bolt action rifles are usually more accurate.

Have you tried M82 and that one and have you ever shot an bolt-action rifle?

M82 is super heavy,while this looks much more lighter.

Because the M82 looks cool doesent mean its good... movies aint nothing to take info eather.
I never understood the wish for a bolt action accuracy over semi-auto firepower. Prime example they now have 3 man sniper teams in Iraq, because of security issues. Especially in an Urban enviroment would you rather have a let's say a remington 700 bolt action or an M-14. It sounds funny but sometimes I think sniper are too obsessed with accuracy.This isn't US SWAT taking out a lone suspect holding a hostage, this is urban combat, and bad thing can happen fast. The M-14 is accurate enough at long ranges and I rather have the option to help my team and throw a lot of lead at the enemy if a large group of them gets wise to your location and pops up less than 50ft away. The same hold true for the high caliber M-82. It is great for taking out vehicles plus personel (which I still don't understand how they get around the geneva convention thing) but in terms getting caught in a bad spot, I rather not have that big heavy thing.
April 12th, 2005  
Damien435
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
ain't much to look at.
Off course not, it was built the typical Russian way (it is a Russian weapon, right?) Their guns are not meant to win beauty contests, they are made so that you can kick, drop, put some sand in it, leave it in a rice paddy for 12 days, take it out, keep the dirt off of it, and go kill your enemies.
Would you rather fawn over a pretty girl and go home to an empty bed or ask out her not so pretty girlfrend who is willing and able. Rifles are like women, would you rather have a high maintenance pretty M16 A1 or a low Maintenance ugly AK47 that will work when you need it the most
Did I miss something because that made no sense to me.
April 12th, 2005  
Snauhi
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
ain't much to look at.
Off course not, it was built the typical Russian way (it is a Russian weapon, right?) Their guns are not meant to win beauty contests, they are made so that you can kick, drop, put some sand in it, leave it in a rice paddy for 12 days, take it out, keep the dirt off of it, and go kill your enemies.
Would you rather fawn over a pretty girl and go home to an empty bed or ask out her not so pretty girlfrend who is willing and able. Rifles are like women, would you rather have a high maintenance pretty M16 A1 or a low Maintenance ugly AK47 that will work when you need it the most
Did I miss something because that made no sense to me.
me eather.