Russian Foreign Legion

YuriBierazo

I am doing a project on foreign legions, and mercenaries. I learned a lot about the FFL and heard that Russia is forming its own legion but im having trouble finding anything about it on Google other than old forums. I was hoping anyone from Russia could answer some of my questions such as how bad is the dedovshchina, can you only serve in the Russian army or can you serve in the VDV or the Marines? How are the living conditions iv heard it varies from base to base....etc any info would be appreciated.:mrgreen:

You're joking, right?
Most young men avoid russian army, so they decide to make their own Legion!? It will be an uncontrollable army, where only immigrants from countries like Georgia, Armenia etc. will serve.
In addition, it's illegal for you to serve in french Legion with russian citizenship, so I don't think the whole story is true.

They are running out of troops and have had to drop their conscription time down to one year. I wish there was someone Russian here to comment about this im quite interested in the topic.

Just what has Russia to offer any one that wanted to join, good pay? good conditions. a job with prospects, that you could become a Russian. good weather conditions if you like winter sports.

Back