Russian army bullying 'horrific'

They are getting ready to bust some terrorist. As history shows, nobody messes with Russia and gets away with it. It doesn’t matter if their soldiers are unequipped because they are determined destroy the types of murdering scum that kill innocent school children.

Armies are supposed to be brutal. It's stupid to pretend the nature of their work isn't and the nature of the people must match the nature of their work.

I say good for them. Get your asses in shape and reclaim some of your lost glory. You dont build killing machines by patting them on the back and giving them a treat.

http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/Chechnya.asp

Well guys, it’s interesting reading your comments about how tough the Russian Army ought to be and getting back their glory etc, etc.

Sure, armies have got to tough, well trained and highly disciplined. Unfortunately the Russian performance in Chechnya has been found wanting in the human rights area. To be a male of any age living in Grozny at the moment is a dangerous thing.

The subliminal message I get from some of you is that violating human rights and atrocities are OK if it is clouded in a war on terrorism.

Click on the above link and bone up on the Chechnya issue. There is no excuse for the Beslen murders but the Caucasus is becoming more and more a sink hole for terrorist fighters. The Russians have a mighty problem no matter how their tough their army is.

Saint, you really are soft on these guys!

My comment has to do with the training of the soldiers, nothing else. If they had better training they might have more pride and discipline to stray away from things like that.

i think its stupid, the russian army is just as bad as their jails, how can men be expected to fight when their spirit is gone.
my uncle was in the russian army, in Siberia, thats where it was the worst, people would kill you just for a snack and ure socks...people died left an right, moral must have been so low....
can you just imagine, you can either be treated like a dog and fight till the bitter end in a war, or just give up and be treated better in an enemy's prison camp,

I think the topic means to say that the Russian Army is bullying its own soldiers

but the Topic title is not so well structured and so led to misinterpretating it as the Russian Army is bullying people :shock:
;)

FlyingFrog said:
Man, next time when your familiy member is beaten to death in the Army, then have a free talk again.

Has one of yours?

All of you get it together, if you do not have something productive or informed to say, do not feel the need to make off-the-cuff comments.

Redneck said:
FlyingFrog said:
Man, next time when your familiy member is beaten to death in the Army, then have a free talk again.

Has one of yours?

All of you get it together, if you do not have something productive or informed to say, do not feel the need to make off-the-cuff comments.

None of mine, PLA treats its soldiers very well.

How is my comment off-topic?
Some ppl here think "bullying" mede-soliders is OKAY, I say whenever their family member is involved in the mistreatment, then they will say different words towards this "bullying".

What's your point?

My point is that I do not want to see you telling other members that their opinions are not acceptable, and that if a member is not willing to put some thought and research into what they post, they should reconsider posting it.

If you have any further questions, use the PM system.

Perhaps the Russians should make their military smaller? Perhaps just enough to protect the borders. Would be easier to enforce order.

Though I would think they should try to halt most military operations, like for instance, Russian soldiers are deployed in Chechnyna, right?

Why do they even need to be there? Oh never mind, for another topic.

But it's too bad Russia must use conscription, I thought most well-to-do countries had switched to volunteer. Unless it is an emergency, I don't quite approve of forcing it on someone.

Well, so long as they're treating their soldiers like that, they're not going to get many volunteers. Some hazing and some similar things have there place, but within limits. I think Russia's going way past the limit.

The United States should really help Russia out. They help us out, and I’m pretty sure that the reason our operations have been going so smoothly in Afghanistan is due to the intelligence that Russia gave to us. We don’t have to let Russia get away with human right’s abuse, but we must understand their position. If we’re going to criticize them, we might as well give aid to show our good intentions.

Maybe I am treating you boys too harshly.

The average Russian soldier is not well looked after. Pay is terrible or non-existent. A poorly run army can easily degenerate into the doing the bad stuff. Abuse of young recruits cannot help the situation.

Back