Russian Aircraft Carriers vs. US Aircraft Carriers. - Page 6

View Poll Results :Best Aircraft Carriers
Russian 7 19.44%
American 29 80.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 11th, 2004  
egoz

well maybe some people care more about who's throwing the stone or shooting the arrow? i think they're doing it because it's so obviously one sided that they want to balance things out. if there was a basis for their vote i'm sure there would have been an explanation.
December 11th, 2004  
EagleZtrike

There is very hard to tell what Russia has right now. Russia is extremely good at keeping secrets. That's what gives them an edge.

Too much media in the U.S. a lot of secrets are found out and enemy nations will use this to their advantage.
December 11th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I have a hard time beliving that when they have trouble maintaining a Kuznetsov, they can make a bigger and better carrier, maintain it, then not see that having it public would actually help more than hurt because it would help with some major nation wide morale problems.

Balancing out is a poor defense too. When something's CERTAINLY better, you should vote that. It's like saying who's better, Bayern Munchen or your local pub team that you play for? I mean... come on.
--
December 12th, 2004  
Darcia

The Russians are poor no denying it, they cannot afford to keep 40 year old equipment going much less desiging something that they where never on par with the US in the first place with.

The Russians need to focus on trying to keep what they have not replacing it.
December 12th, 2004  
egoz

i don't know if designing a new piece of military hardware would boost morale for a country's citizens. i realize this is coming from an american's point of view, and it could be different in russia. but when the US finished developing the F22 the country wasn't exactly over joyed. i'm sure that more than half of the country didn't know what it was, i bet they still don't. i would think the mainstay of russian morale would be their space program.

sometimes it's cheeper to replace something than keep it going though. which might be what the russians are facing. if you look at it in the long run replacing an aging russian fleet could be the answer.
December 12th, 2004  
Darcia

I think in America we are used for on military and space program doing the amazing that we just realy don't pay attention anymore. I guess it may be a Moral boost in Russia though.
December 12th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think a super carrier operational in Russia would be a big morale boost.
December 13th, 2004  
Darcia

Yeah the problem is is if they do design one ( 5-10 years and hundreds of billions) Build it (4 -6 years few billion) and maintain it ( few billion in it's lifetime) thats alot of money for that small of an economy.
December 13th, 2004  
c/Commander

The construction, training, operations, and maintainence of such a carrier and her crew would bankrupt Russia. There's simply no one in the world save the US with the resources required for that kind of project.
December 13th, 2004  
Darcia

The Italian,French, and british are designing newer carriers I believe.

However the Italian one will use JSF,The French one was done in the 80's I think and I havn't heard any news of the British one latley.

However the Russians wouldn't be able to afford a carrier project right now.