Russia vs China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think that's the point, they know it'll be stupid and long and costly.

But I really do bet Russia would have an ally, It's hard for me to believe the US or the euros would standby.

The Soviet Union, at the height of its power, was afraid of China. The overwhelming numbers game is something they weren't too keen to go up against.

the question would never really be who would win between russia vs china..it would be, can the u.s. stand up against china + russia combined

and maybe throw india into the mix in russia and china's side as well..the three nations have a very strong military and economic relationship

In this thread? Nope, you have the wrong question! Topic is China vs Russia. Go make a new topic if you want to discuss US vs China+Russia scenario. I will say that I don't think China and Russia are very good at trusting each other. Each would would likely rather stab the other in the back than wait to be betrayed if they ever did actually work together.

In July, a close friend of mine married an American woman. Her sister, who is a Russian interpreter in the US Army was also there and sooner or later the discussion was bound to turn into politics. In the end we just gave her one piece of advice, "Don't be sending any Panzerarmies to Russia. Russia + Panzerarmies=no good." :p

Russia is a riddle wrapped in an enigma. It's always stronger than it seems, but it is also weaker than it seems.

If a war breaks out between Russia Vs China ..

I am sure Russia will certainly have an ally. Inside Asia it will be INDIA. Wounds from previous INDO-CHINA war 1962 healed not fully in INDIA. Russia is its Major Ally from the start and it is time tested.

India and China also share long border. India will provide Russia with Bases and other logistical support. Then China will have to defend its country at two different fronts. Which I am sure will be a VERY BIG problem for Chinese.

Russia will also have an upper hand because Russian Hardware continues to play a major part in Chinese Weapon Inventory. Russia will definitely know about their weapons Pros and cons and also have edge because spares for these weapons will cease to find place.

Russia will emerge as victor. :rambo:

-----
In Reality, There will never be a Russia Vs China since,

Russia and China are trying to form a Bloc against US (also planning to bring in INDIA into it TRIANGULAR Partnership)

Even yesterday OCT 17th Leaders of the Both the country resolved their long standing area dispute concerning a common island.

About if Russia has a upper-hand in Air Strikes, let's make clear when?

If we talk about war today, yes, Russia will have upper-hands in Air Strikes in the beginning phase, but after some days all their airbases in close to Chinese border will be destroyed with Chinese cruise missile (range 1500 KM, CEP 5 meters, mass production of DongHai Cruise Missile), then Chinese land troops will crash whole Eastern Russia.

If we talk about war after 10 years, then I doubt if Russia will have any air superiority anymore :D

If you drag India into the equation, it overbalances in the other direction and China is in deep :cen: ... but that would involved expanding the scenario. Same with adding Europe or even the Russian Federation. JUST Russia would lose if they were was a fight between them and China. In real life, there are many dynamics that make that conflict undesireable for the Chinese, but if we're discussing just Russia vs China, I don't see anyway for Russia to win. Russia has a technological advantage, but but it wouldn't be enough to save them. China would just have to live without Russian-made fighter engines for awhile. Oh well.

godofthunder9010 said:
If you drag India into the equation, it overbalances in the other direction and China is in deep :cen: ... but that would involved expanding the scenario. Same with adding Europe or even the Russian Federation. JUST Russia would lose if they were was a fight between them and China. In real life, there are many dynamics that make that conflict undesireable for the Chinese, but if we're discussing just Russia vs China, I don't see anyway for Russia to win. Russia has a technological advantage, but but it wouldn't be enough to save them. China would just have to live without Russian-made fighter engines for awhile. Oh well.

if things continue heading the way it looks like they're surely to head (the eu lifts the arms embargo) then china won't need the russian-made fighter engines for much longer (unless russia begins putting its most advanced and latest tech up for bid)..and just to play out this theoretical situation you've come up with by bringing india into the mix..you're forgetting that india would still have pakistan to deal with on the side so there's no way they could devote a large portion of their resources into this three-way war without taking a huge risk with pakistan possibly jumping in

FlyingFrog said:
About if Russia has a upper-hand in Air Strikes, let's make clear when?

If we talk about war today, yes, Russia will have upper-hands in Air Strikes in the beginning phase, but after some days all their airbases in close to Chinese border will be destroyed with Chinese cruise missile (range 1500 KM, CEP 5 meters, mass production of DongHai Cruise Missile), then Chinese land troops will crash whole Eastern Russia.

If we talk about war after 10 years, then I doubt if Russia will have any air superiority anymore :D

where do you read about this things lol... Chineescentury?

I think even in 10 years time Russia will have an edge in the air theatre, more aircraft, (some)combat trained pilots, the abundance of conventional cruise missiles (Bear launched), I imagine a lot of emphasis is put on SF right now too(war on terror)...

I don't think the J-10 is gonna be produced in such numbers that it can withstand this.

Besides everyone here is talking about what China will have in 10/15/20 years...and fail to think what Russia(or everyone else) will have in that same amount of time.

That's right India will be busy with Pakistan :D

By the way, the Chinese key cities are all far away from India-China border, some 3000 kilometers aways, no chance for China and India engage in a serious war.

Isn't Putin now in China?

hu_putin.jpg

Btw, the Russia troops is in rusting we all know that :lol:

I think China may have an edge in a war between the two.
The national will in China is greater, their military seems very motivated now with the new improvements. The superiority in Russian Air Power may be there but I don't think there's that big of a difference.
And it's true, the Russian Army is a bit of a rusting organization.

Well, I bet Hitler was saying the same things to himself once upon a time...
Just replace China with Germany.

Hitler didn't have overwhelming numerical advantages coming out of his ears like China does. In almost every category, the Germans were outnumbered about 6 to 1. That includes manpower, tanks, combat aircraft, etc, and the Germans didn't even have an overall edge in military tech.

But the truth of it is, there is no good reason for the two to go to war. Whichever side was the aggressor would get little support from the European Union, and probably a renewed weapons embargo if it's China. India is a big friend of the former USSR, and they would jump right in. I don't know what Pakistan is going to do about that. They're scared to death of India. Still, in that 4 way forray, you'd have one 1 billion+ nation on each side and one 200 million on each side. Can we say stalemate and bloodbath??

By themselves, Russia doesn't have the strength to repel China.

World War II Germany and modern China in comparison to Russia is very different.
Comparing the two is comparing grapefruits and oranges. They're related, but they're different in too many ways to be used as references for each other.

FlyingFrog said:
That's right India will be busy with Pakistan :D

By the way, the Chinese key cities are all far away from India-China border, some 3000 kilometers aways, no chance for China and India engage in a serious war.

Isn't Putin now in China?

hu_putin.jpg

Btw, the Russia troops is in rusting we all know that :lol:

I think that only you know that... and have you ever been in Russia?

And stop those damned smilys this is a serios discussion not some playgarden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back