Russia vs China

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i understand the PLA is short of all types of airlift capabilities as theres a lack of helicopters and aeroplanes!

skywalker said:
From what i understand the PLA is short of all types of airlift capabilities as theres a lack of helicopters and aeroplanes!

But I really doubt about how usefull the heli's can be in real batter transport. I don't think the heli's are used seriously to transport people or weapons.

But if you really think heli's should be used for transporting soldiers, no problem, China produces Z-9 etc, and it is cheap, PLA can simply build 1,000 Z-9 it costs less than 1 billion USD.

Z-9:
z9_5.jpg

z9_4.jpg

As for real serious troops transportation, there are the Airbone Troops for.

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/aircraft/transport/transport.asp

Yeah but you lack the heavy lift helicopter such as the CH-47 and Mi-26 that would enable you to rapidly re-deploy artillery etc. thats what i mean about your lack of helicopter airlift capability!

skywalker said:
Yeah but you lack the heavy lift helicopter such as the CH-47 and Mi-26 that would enable you to rapidly re-deploy artillery etc. thats what i mean about your lack of helicopter airlift capability!

That's very true, China does not have heavy transport heli's.

It all depends on what the army is meant for, and for what kind of wars.

PLA at this moment is mainly a Continental Land Force, it does not need those big toys in a land war. If PLA really need to engage in a land war, it can do it kilometer by kilometer.

Also, those Ameican Chinooks are good in small scale wars against tiny enemies, if they are used against a large formal troop like PLA, the Chinooks have not single chance to survive in battle they will be simply shot down by PLA's numeurous AAM's.

We don't believe in the capability of Chinook or Mi's in real battle at all.

That does suprise me as im sure if there was a large scale conflict there could be a need for large helicopters as it would enable rapid troop deployment and movement as well as urgent supplies that could help in a battle, in large single battles i can see why theyre wouldnt be a need with the AAMs but away from the battlefield and in smaller battles they could be useful!

The heavy cargo helicopters are usefull in some cases, but its contribution to the battle is very limited if the battle is a big one.

Mi-26 helicopter is the heaviest helicopter in the world with a payload of about 20 tons, but yet it cannot transport a tank. Mi-26 is simply a means for transporting some reinforcement weapons or soldiers INTO the batterfield, but in the case of PLA attacking on land, PLA does not need this small amount of reinforcement at all, all the work can be done step by step, no need to jump from A to B across a distance say 100 kilometer, and we know that amount of forces supplied by the helicopters is simply TOO limited if not say meaningless.

And in very small engagement, there is no need of a heavy Mi-26, a couple of Z-9 can already do the job.

Mi-26 may make an army look very strong, but in practice, its role is very limited.

Apache or Chinook all look great, but when facing PLA, no use.

With the number of men in the PLA i guess you dont need the helicopters, im thinking more in terms of a small army such as the british army which needs the helicopters to retain the mobility it needs!

FlyingFrog said:
skywalker said:
The only reason for china to invade russia would be to capture the energy supplies and mineral wealth of siberia, which russia would defend with there lives as these supplies are russias future!

Hello Skywalker,

But the issue is that China and Russia will not engage in war anymore. China and Russia are building up a very good cooperation relationship now.

Yup! Russia made all kinds of pacts like with Napoleon, and with Hitler, now with China.... I wonder.................... And then in the right time and moment they will join the opposite side.............. :D

im not russian so i couldnt tell you like russians think but even with the russian economy not being very strong i doubt they would invade and i doubt china would invade!

Uncle_Sam said:
FlyingFrog said:
skywalker said:
The only reason for china to invade russia would be to capture the energy supplies and mineral wealth of siberia, which russia would defend with there lives as these supplies are russias future!

Hello Skywalker,

But the issue is that China and Russia will not engage in war anymore. China and Russia are building up a very good cooperation relationship now.

Yup! Russia made all kinds of pacts like with Napoleon, and with Hitler, now with China.... I wonder.................... And then in the right time and moment they will join the opposite side.............. :D

:lol: Yes, i think so... you can't really trust them, can you?

Yup! Russia made all kinds of pacts like with Napoleon, and with Hitler, now with China.... I wonder.................... And then in the right time and moment they will join the opposite side..............

Yup, Chinese TV today just sent out a joking program about Soviets: they make pacts then after a couple of year they broken their words, they are not trustfull people at all :lol:

But who cares what russians do, you just mind your own bussiness, there is not threat from Russia any more :lol:

Yup! Russia made all kinds of pacts like with Napoleon, and with Hitler, now with China.... I wonder.................... And then in the right time and moment they will join the opposite side..............

Yup, Chinese TV today just sent out a joking program about Soviets: they make pacts then after a couple of year they broken their words, they are not trustfull people at all :lol:

But who cares what russians do, you just mind your own bussiness, there is not threat from Russia any more :lol:

The only time Russia was the agressor, was when they invaded Manchuria during WW2.

I belive Hitler and Napoleon were the ones who started both conflicts. :rambo:

yurry said:

The only time Russia was the agressor, was when they invaded Manchuria during WW2.
Afghanistan?
Eastern Europe?

You 're so wrong. Hitler did, but Soviets took the chance to prepare it self alittle bit.
For Napoleon, take a history book. ;)

Uncle_Sam said:
yurry said:

Afghanistan?
Eastern Europe?

You 're so wrong. Hitler did, but Soviets took the chance to prepare it self alittle bit.
For Napoleon, take a history book. ;)

8) :m1: agree with you!

Sorry Afghanistan slipped my mind :oops:

But I don't think there were any invasions in Eastren Europe.

There was Checkoslovakia but I don't think that was an invasion? What I was trying to say is that Russia didn't brake a lot of non-agression pacts in the past (if any).

However there were a couple of suprise attacks launched against her so its only normal that they are a bit paranoied. :evil: As were the Americans after Pearl Harbour for that mater.

For Napoleon, take a history book.

I did actualy read quite a lot about the Napoleonic wars. :roll: Russia was engaded in the struggle before but she did't invade France. She only helped her allies as I understand it.

I think China and Russia will make a very cute couple..there might be a few problems, like what to name the baby and which in-laws they will visit regulory, but all in all I think both countries were made for each other.

I wish them a long and happy marriage together. BTW...which couple will be the first to take a nap?

:D

Mark Conley said:
I think China and Russia will make a very cute couple..there might be a few problems, like what to name the baby and which in-laws they will visit regulory, but all in all I think both countries were made for each other.

I wish them a long and happy marriage together. BTW...which couple will be the first to take a nap?

:D

But I think both countries mistrust each other very much, so it is simply not possible :lol:

Btw, the 2 countries are now just using each other, after some year, it is over :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back