Russia to have it's own LEGION!

fadiserhal

"Under a 2010 Defence Ministry plan, foreigners without dual citizenship would able to sign up for five-year contracts and will be eligible for Russian citizenship after serving three years.[21] The change could open the way for CIS citizens to get fast-track Russian citizenship, and counter the effects of Russia’s demographic crisis on its army recruitment."
"November 28, 2010: Russia is making it easier for foreigners to join its armed forces. Recruits still must be able to speak Russian, have no criminal record, and meet physical and educational standards, but other than that, anyone is welcome to sign up for five years as a contract (non-conscript) soldier. This new policy won't bring in a lot of new people, but Russia is having a hard time attracting quality recruits and every little bit helps. The navy and air force are particularly short of technically qualified personnel, and don't care if the new guys speak with an accent. Currently, only about 400 foreigners are serving, most of countries that used to be part of the Soviet Union. But there are also a few from Germany and Israel (where a lot of Russians have immigrated to in the past 30 years.) For those seeking the ultimate adventure, here it is."
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/20101128.aspx

Velcome my friend! U come in, i give you Potatoes, Vodka, AK47 that might break in ur hands and you serve in a temperature of -30 Degrees and u dont get a boner for u life!

"Under a 2010 Defence Ministry plan, foreigners without dual citizenship would able to sign up for five-year contracts and will be eligible for Russian citizenship after serving three years.[21] The change could open the way for CIS citizens to get fast-track Russian citizenship, and counter the effects of Russia’s demographic crisis on its army recruitment."
"November 28, 2010: Russia is making it easier for foreigners to join its armed forces. Recruits still must be able to speak Russian, have no criminal record, and meet physical and educational standards, but other than that, anyone is welcome to sign up for five years as a contract (non-conscript) soldier. This new policy won't bring in a lot of new people, but Russia is having a hard time attracting quality recruits and every little bit helps. The navy and airforce are particularly short of technically qualified personnel, and don't care if the new guys speak with an accent. Currently, only about 400 foreigners are serving, most of countries that used to be part of the Soviet Union. But there are also a few from Germany and Israel (where a lot of Russians have immigrated to in the past 30 years.) For those seeking the ultimate adventure, here it is."
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/20101128.aspx

Velcome my friend! U come in, i give you Potatoes, Vodka, AK47 that might break in ur hands and you serve in a temperature of -30 Degrees and u dont get a boner for u life!

Well, its not all like that. Though, yes, the military is in a poor state right now. What do you expect... They've put a damn furniture salesman in charge.

But, we still managed to beat the Georgians :) And don't talk about numbers. It was 15,000 of them vs 15,000 of us, all fair. In fact, in the very beginning, it was 600 Russian peace-keepers in Tskhinval, South Ossetia, successfully holding off maybe 5,000 Georgians for two full days.

God (or, in his case, Allah) bless General-major Marat Kulakhmetov
1215769564_kulakhmetov_011.jpg

Commander of Russian forces in South Ossetia. Personally took out 5 Georgian tanks. Great man. Men like that, and also like Anatoly Lebed whom I talked about in 'Blame the victim' thread, are the better part of the Russian armed forces. Officers with capital 'o'.

No, Russia pretty much invaded Georgia days before they joined NATO. It was a "screw you" to the west. Don't even talk about your glorious campaign and honor, russian air force was carpet bombing towns and apartment buildings. Also shooting at reporters.

Getting your ass whooped in Chechanya still left some old blood stains on your collar so you pick on a weaker nation to make yourself feel better.

No, Russia pretty much invaded Georgia days before they joined NATO. It was a "screw you" to the west. Don't even talk about your glorious campaign and honor, russian air force was carpet bombing towns and apartment buildings. Also shooting at reporters.

Getting your ass whooped in Chechanya still left some old blood stains on your collar so you pick on a weaker nation to make yourself feel better.

I'm sorry, what are you talking about in Chechnya? Chechnya is still a part of Russia, and out of all their rebel leaders, only 1 is still alive, Doku Umarov, and he's wounded. He's not got much left in him.

Carpet bombing? If we 'carpet bombed' Georgia, there would not be much left of Georgia today.

Also, we did not storm their capital, Tbilisi. We did not hang their leader (like you Americans did in Iraq with Saddam Hussein).

In fact, NATO is carpet bombing Libya now, so keep your mouth shut, hypocrite.

And learn to spell, it's 'Chechnya', not 'Chyochanya' or whatever. It's my birthplace, by the way.

Well sorry I spelled CHECHANYA wrong. My bad. I guess that now some how justifies every brutal act your rotting nation did to other weaker ones.

Russia does what it does for it's own reasons and benefits. Not for the good of the world or for humanitarian reasons. The world simply doesn't see it that way and to put it any other way than that is absurd and comical.

For one, if Russia invaded Iraq at the time of Saddam, who might I add was a brutal dictator who terrorized his own people(russia can relate lol), I doubt it would have pumped billions of dollars into it's infastructure despite a national defecit and waste it's soldiers to preserve freedom and peace for the populace. So let's not go there. I am on my third tour to Iraq and I can tell you with my own eyes we go way out of our way to help these people, something Russia doesn't even do for it's own.

So I know you are very patriotic which is fine. However, I am not Russian. I'll tell you the way it is wild man.

Libya? Really? LOL. How about this, if the Russian Federation is a legitimate peacekeeping world power who preserves human rights, would you be all for bombing Assad's Syria to protect the people hes murdering? No wait, you'd rather arm him and do business with him. We protecting innocents in Libya.

So shut your mouth, hypocrite.

Last edited:
Well sorry I spelled CHECHANYA wrong. My bad. I guess that now some how justifies every brutal act your rotting nation did to other weaker ones.

Russia does what it does for it's own reasons and benefits. Not for the good of the world or for humanitarian reasons. The world simply doesn't see it that way and to put it any other way than that is absurd and comical.

For one, if Russia invaded Iraq at the time of Saddam, who might I add was a brutal dictator who terrorized his own people(russia can relate lol), I doubt it would have pumped billions of dollars into it's infastructure despite a national defecit and waste it's soldiers to preserve freedom and peace for the populace. So let's not go there. I am on my third tour to Iraq and I can tell you with my own eyes we go way out of our way to help these people, something Russia doesn't even do for it's own.

So I know you are very patriotic which is fine. However, I am not Russian. I'll tell you the way it is wild man.

Libya? Really? LOL. How about this, if the Russian Federation is a legitimate peacekeeping world power who preserves human rights, would you be all for bombing Assad's Syria to protect the people hes murdering? No wait, you'd rather arm him and do business with him. We protecting innocents in Libya.

So shut your mouth, hypocrite.

Relax, I don't like Putin any better than you do. Most of us in the Russian military, either currently in the ranks, or reserved like me, don't like this government. But the sake of our country we don't rock the boat, yet. Because if the sh*t hits the fan in Russia, trust me, the whole damn world will feel it. If all those WMDs should become unsecure... I don't want to think about it.

I guess it just angered me when you speak bad about Russian military. My whole family is in Russian military, my father, uncles, brothers, cousins, all of us. Even my mother used to be a army nurse, it is in my blood. There are plenty of good, noble men there, even if there are plenty of corrupt bastards, rotten to the bone. My country is going through a rough time, now, and probably for the last 20 years, but I need, want, to believe that it will get better. I want to believe there are still good men, like General-major Kulakhmetov, Colonel Lebed, and others, who are in it not to make money and exploit 18 year old boys and build up their careers, but to defend their country. Men who not say the phrase 'officer's honor', but simply know what it stands for. Those are men I respect, and look up to, whether you like it, or not. Sorry.

Simo_hayha_honorary_rifle.png

Simo Hayha or "White Death". Finnish Sniper during the Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union. Killed 505 Red Army troops with his Mosin-Nagant with Iron Sights. Also killed an additional 200 invaders with a sub-machine gun. Brining his total kills to 705. Truly a great man.

Simo_hayha_honorary_rifle.png

Simo Hayha or "White Death". Finnish Sniper during the Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union. Killed 505 Red Army troops with his Mosin-Nagant with Iron Sights. Also killed an additional 200 invaders with a sub-machine gun. Brining his total kills to 705. Truly a great man.

I agree. I know about him, a hero to his nation, like Vasily Zaytsev to us.
Vasily.Zaitsev.jpg

its cool man no need to be sorry. I was the one who came off as an aggresive dick. just ignore me, im on my period. sometimes I argue for the sake of it because im bored. didn't mean to touch a nerve with you.

its cool man no need to be sorry. I was the one who came off as an aggresive dick. just ignore me, im on my period. sometimes I argue for the sake of it because im bored. didn't mean to touch a nerve with you.

Fair enough :)

Oh hell, now they'll argue over Bourbon or Vodka.:D

Nah, just let them meet halfways, and the obvious choice then would be French brandy.
Then they wouldn't bother about drinking too much and start a new argument. :drunkb:

Back