Russia getting new equipment

Snauhi

http://www.newsru.com/russia/28jan2005/new.html

Translated

2005 into the nature of forces VMF of Russia will enter two new nuclear-powered submarines, equipped with the newest intercontinental ballistic missiles "bulava". The first deputy minister of defense RF colonel general Aleksandr belousov stated about this. "speech goes about the rocket boats" Dmitriy Donskoy "and" Yuri dolgorukiy ", he specified ITAR- TASS. Furthermore, to the armament of the rocket forces of strategic value in 2005 will enter 7 new intercontinental ballistic missiles "Topol- M" of mine and mobile basing, deputy minister reported. "if everything is normally, as it is planned, then in 2005 to standby alert will be set the battalion of the launchers of antiaircraft-missile complexes S -400" triumph "(6 pieces), he said matgrass. Complexes S -400 it is planned to use for the cover of boundaries RF from the cruise missiles and the aircraft of enemy. They can strike targets at the height from several ten it is meter to the troposphere, at a distance to several hundred kilometers, reports RIA of "news". It also reported that in 2005 of the Ministry of Defense it will stock up 40 new tanks T -90, 92 armored carriers BTR-80 and 24 combat vehicles of infantry BMP-E. Furthermore, to the armament VVS will be placed two rocket carriers TU-160, destroyers Su-27SM even 4 helicopters Mi-28N. It is planned to carry out starting of 9 automatic spacecraft in the interests of military department, it described matgrass. He also stated, that the 15th peacemaking aeromobile brigade, formed in the environs of Samara, to Iraq not will be directed. "for this there is no need whatever", he emphasized matgrass. Brigade is stationed in Samara in the territory of Volga- Ural military district. Its number composes 2500 soldier- volunteer contract soldiers. The place Of "Kursk" Will engage Newest APL "Belgorod" It previously communicated that the command of the navy of Russia is considered necessary to complete the building of the nuclear-powered submarine "Belgorod", which is been the analog of the killed during August 2000 in the Barents sea of nuclear-powered ship "Kursk". About this they stated in the board Of "sevmashpredpriyatiya" (Severodvinsk), on stocks of which it is located BY APL. At present the readiness of ship composes 80%. I.e., explained the representative of the board of enterprise, "is practically completed the building of the housing of submarine, but there is no technical saturation of cruiser and were not installed rocket mines". Ha the completion of works on the building of submarine is necessarily more than 100 million dollars. Thus such, the place of the killed atomic submarine "Kursk" in the combat system of the navy of Russia "Belgorod", with the condition of normal budget financing, can engage not earlier than 2007 ", emphasized representative" sevmashpredpriyatiya

This sounds pretty cool man! Russia are gently making progress forward in their new economy and with their new army, navy. Good for Russia and the Russian ppl. Future investments "when they soon are going to be needed if everything checks out with the different prophets." :lol: ;)

I have been thinking about taking evening classes in Russian and Arabic to be honest. Can be a good future Investment that too. Some persons buy new cars, collects stamps or knits cardigans but I collect useful tools for my future existence. Chinees would be fun to learn too but I am no Protocol Droid from a freaking star wars movie. :D

Doc.S
:viking:

What I can never figure out about Russian submarine design is this. The operate on two doctrines:
1.) The faster the better.
2.) The deeper the better.
What do they forget? Silence. Their submarines are VERY loud and easily found because of that fact. That makes them lousy for accomplishing their primary objective; hiding. The USA could definitely take a page from their book in speed and depth, so long as they can keep the subs running quietly, but the USA isn't going to sacrifice stealth for any reason.

Interestingly enough, they also overemphasize speed in their aircraft, while missing other things.

Has Russia ever figured this out? Do they have designs that fix these issues?

Why are the Russians building new boomer subs and new classes of ICBM nuclear missiles? Don't they realize the threat is mostly from Chechnya now, and I don't know if you've noticed or not but Chechnya doesn't really have a very powerful navy.

Whispering Death said:
Why are the Russians building new boomer subs and new classes of ICBM nuclear missiles? Don't they realize the threat is mostly from Chechnya now, and I don't know if you've noticed or not but Chechnya doesn't really have a very powerful navy.

Well Georgia have and Chenchenya isnt much of a threat.

I would think Russia still has enough economic problems that their money would be better spent on getting their economy in better straits. I bet Germany is just thrilled to see what the Russians are doing with the billions they sent them for rebuilding - too bad it seems to be their military being rebuilt rather than their economy.

Snauhi said:
Whispering Death said:

Well Georgia have and Chenchenya isnt much of a threat.

What? And the U.S. is so much more of a theat? You really think they need to build more nukes to deter America from invading Russia to get it's hands on Russia's lucrative monopoly on organized crime? :lol:

Doc.S said:
Good for Russia and the Russian ppl. Future investments "when they soon are going to be needed if everything checks out with the different prophets." :lol: ;)

Doc.S
:viking:

Hehehe :D
On the Russia's rearmament programme...it's only to be applauded and I hope they get their act together soon, because we really need multipolarity.

sigh..one thing i am sure is that russia needs more money every where
not just in military

its military industry may collapse if not india and china keeps buying weapons...cuz russian army cannot buy a lot...

Sexybeast said:
sigh..one thing i am sure is that russia needs more money every where
not just in military

its military industry may collapse if not india and china keeps buying weapons...cuz russian army cannot buy a lot...

I think that you are just cannot accept the fact that Russia is getting new things.. And China steal for the most.

If I were a Russian, I would still felt threatened from U.S. although years of cold war ended, not much has changed from their attitude. EU is expanding to the east one country at time, and Americans start fire right under the nose of Europe and middle Asia. The election of Ukraine was much of a joke for “democracy”, sadly, when pro-Russia candidate was gone, the “pro-western” president could not get any support anymore to speed up the joining EU process, but surprise, he chose to go to the Russia first the next day of taking power isn’t he? Now, Americans want to start a fire at the eastern side again, North Korea, totally ignore the existence of the Russia power over the region.

I don’t know how the Russian and china relation would play out, but it seems a ‘good” choice to me. We can’t completely ignore the “bad” history of those two nations but, it seems we have pretty good understanding at the top-level at least. The decade’s long border dispute ended peacefully, arm sale increases, even tech support directly to the Chinese military, exchange of needed money and trade. Two nations were going to have military exercise soon; about 10,000 Russian soldiers would join in and do it in china’s land! A contract of buy and selling of Tu-22 bomber would start soon as well.

It is matter of survival, Russia and china can’t ignore American’s aggressive expansion over the entire world, especially in Asia and Europe. EU is the same, that’s why they would make another global positioning system just like the GPS, their style of high tech weapons to keep up the Americans, and maintain enough military strength just in case of any power struggle. EU, China, Russia, even India were willing to see the peaceful multi-polarization of the world, although, the Americans, on the other hand, just not willing to “cooperate”.

"Russia and china can’t ignore American’s aggressive expansion over the entire world"

Excuse me? Name one land we've added to our nation since 1898. I think the list for Russia nad China is _much_ more recent.

Charge_7 said:
"Russia and china can’t ignore American’s aggressive expansion over the entire world"

Excuse me? Name one land we've added to our nation since 1898. I think the list for Russia nad China is _much_ more recent.

Graceland, DisneyLand, ................ Well you asked :p

Yeah, you just go there and put bunch of your “friendly” deputies in charge, what a "peaceful way" to solve problem. Whoever stands on your way, you go change their governments by force, or “internal change”… how peaceful. Do you need me to give you a list that how many countries governments have been changed once, twice or not more times under U.S’s influence? You pull out the peace forces from Somalia because those African countries were to “worthless” too fighting for. You don’t care how mess the world can get, you don’t care how they suffer; you just want to keep your potential “competitors” busy. Just like you want to keep the Russians busy in economic mess, political mess and the countries around their borders. Why Russian president was very angry to U.S counter terror policy after the school terror attack? U.S uses different standards to deal with many issues over the world. It is crime to against American civilians; the whole world stood behind the U.S on 911, but should the Americans stands a little firm behind others when their civilians were attacked by terror? Should the U.S government care a little about the south Asian countries developments and help those poor countries get out of the mess which created by bunch American money thirst businessmen? No, they want to see the china controlled Hong Kong, or even china itself could be dragged down in to this mess. Even the U.N mess, you want to get rid of Mr.Annan, just because he did not “share” the same vision with America, but please check the history, who firmly backed up him and put him in charge at the first place and for what purpose?? You can paint things pretty, but people do know the truth; you just never heard it in American press, that’s all. Try CBC and their programs sometime.

"Just like you want to keep the Russians busy in economic mess, political mess and the countries around their borders."

That's their stew not our's. About as accurate as the rest of your reply though.

lol.....

right now i think china wants to be friend with russia, for weapons...oil...and support on international issue and ally together to "fight" U.S.

but we got to admit that russia is having some serious problems..its economy does not perform well...
chinese has mixed feeling towards russia, they want russia to get strong and live on so they can cooperate, yet chinese are afraid that russia becoming too strong and start to threaten chinese

the russian army is pretty good, ( just ignore the anti-russian comments those americans posted up)

they still have a huge and well equiopped army and although their navy is shrinking, they still have state of the art ships and weapons

a famous saying by confucious: a staving mule is still bigger than a horse

Back