Russia to drop paratroopers at North Pole

Seriy

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/russia-to-drop-paratroopers-at-north-pole-52061867.html

HTML:
In a planned mission that echoes Russia's controversial 2007 flag-planting on the seabed at the North Pole, a team of Russian paratroopers is reportedly preparing for a symbolic landing there next spring to mark the 60th anniversary of a Cold War achievement by two Soviet scientists.

hehe Well, that's the Blue Berets for ya. 'Go anywhere, any time, just for the hell of it!' Show offs... :pirate2: But they are good though. Kicked some Georgian ass last August. Did well in Chechnya also.

I don't see why the UN don't designate the N Pole the same as the Antarctic :evil: then nobody will be ruffled. Irks me while Canada troops are busy somewhere else. Neutral territories are good for everybody I would think.

I don't see why the UN don't designate the N Pole the same as the Antarctic :evil: then nobody will be ruffled. Irks me while Canada troops are busy somewhere else. Neutral territories are good for everybody I would think.

They can't designate it neutral because it has too much valuable resourses (oil ;) ) to just share it.

Yeah yeah, oil must flow :evil: wish somebody would invent something besides a new superhard diamond ...that would replace this need for oil though, :(

Back